i'm sorry mother and father

It was Sunday, that meant it was the day to go to church.

I buttoned up my white t shirt and zipped up my black jeans, I made sure to put on my black knitted wrist warmers to cover up the evidence.

I ran downstairs to notice that my dad was on the couch passed out, this happened regularly so I wasn't that surprised. There were empty beer and wine bottles scattered all over the his chest.

I wanted to help him but I just never did.

As I looked on my left i saw my mother wearing her floral pink dress, "Come on Darryl, let's go to church." She says, I could smell her heavy scent of perfume from 8 feet away.

I nodded and exited the house with my mom.

As we walked onto the driveway then into the car I could hear my mothers high heels clanking onto the concrete as she strutted.

We hopped into my fathers red car, the car smelt like smoke and the scent of beer. My mother sighed and used more of her perfume to cover up the smell, I coughed at how strong the perfume was.

"Stop being dramatic Darryl!" She says to me in a angered tone, "fine." I mumbled. I was still tired, it was 7am.

~~~~

I walked into our local church with my back slouched, "Fix your posture!' My mom says while slapping my back roughly. "Ouch!" I whimpered, I stood up straight just like she wanted me to.

We took a seat on the wooden benches and waited for the session to start...

The ceiling fans were extremely loud, so were the cries of the baby behind me.

Before I knew it I could hear the speaker at the front start talking.

~~~~~

As we exited the church we drove back home, when we came home our dad was still passed out on the couch.

I went to go make sure if he was breathing, yep he was.

I raced upstairs then into my room, closing and locking the door as I entered.

I took off my wrist guards and settled them on my bedside table, I unplugged my phone off the charger and started to scroll through Instagram.

It's the 18th time this week that I've saw the video of me and Zak, should I talk to him? He seems really nice, we can just be friends, but no he would be to angry at me!

I letted out a small grunt and opened up the comments... regret.

🧑🏾‍🦱 MarvinMyGuy
LMAO, GAYYY

🧑🏻 Antfrost_18
Bro stop, leave them alone. It was a game, I was even there

👩🏾‍🦰 Michelle.Craycrau
Darryl should be grateful tbh, everyone wants to be with Zak!

👱🏻‍♀️👧🏻 JennieandJessica
Stop, nothings wrong with it. imagine how they are feeling!

🤵🏼‍♂️ AlexSnax
I heard Darryl got beat up, LOL!

👩🏼‍🦱 itsyourgirlalexa
What fags!!

Tears started to droop under my eyes, I shut off my phone and grabbed the box cutter knife.

My only source to help me escape from this reality.

Before I knew it my wrist and thighs started to leak blood, I could hardly walk without having the pain of unbearable stinging.

I gulped a bit, I felt a bit guilty but it was for the best.

"DARRYL, HAVE LUNCH US!" I heard call from downstairs, shoot! I ran back to my room and dropped the box cutter knife on my mattress, I'll get it later. I can't eat lunch! But today I guess I have to.

I haven't ate lunch in months, only breakfast.

"MK!" I yelled as I clattered down the stairs in my white socks trying not to fall.

There my parents were, sitting down at the dining table we haven't used for almost a year. There was food placed on the table, such as chicken, sausages and salad.

My dad had 3 bottles of beer placed on the side of his plate while me and mom just had a glass of iced water.

"D-Darryl what's that on ur w-wrists?" My mother stuttered while pointing her finger at my cuts.

"Nothing mother!" I said trying not to stutter, i covered my cuts with my hands.

"Are you doing what I think you are? god sees everything." She raised her voice at me.

"He's just doing it for attention." My father said, taking a sip of his beer after.

"That's it Darryl, I'm taking your phone away." My mom says while rushing upstairs, "N-NO, PLEASE I'M SORRY.. MA!" I begged.

She rushed to my bedroom to search for my phone, but instead she found my knife. It was slightly covered in fresh blood, she brang it up near my face and scrunched her eyebrows in fury.

"Grounded."

She muttered, she walks away with the knife and closes my bedroom door.

I bursted into tears and clenched my fists, "I should of just cut deeper." I whispered to myself.

I stopped sobbing when I remembered that she didn't find my phone, maybe I should just call a friend to help me forget all about this..