breakfast

the morning after prom

I rolled over to my right to see Zak, "Hey" I yawned. "Morning sleepyhead" he says.

I stole some of the blanket. "Hey that's not fair! We should have an equal amount" Zak pouts, I giggled. "Well you took up all the space on the mattress.. I was sleeping on the edge." I say, I grabbed my phone resting on Zak's bedside table.

Mother
WHERE ARE YOU?! YOUR SUPPOSED TO BE HOME

"Shit!" I jumped out of the bed, "Sweetheart what's wrong?" Zak sat up, straightening his posture. "My mother, she is asking where I am!" I exclaimed, "It's fine it's fine just tell her that ur sleeping over at a friends." He says.

"No no it's not like that, my mothers really strict!!" I replied, "Just ask your father I'm sure he would be cool with it." Zak says. "M-My father?" I stuttered, making eye contact with him.

"Yeah?" He says, "My father moved out, I haven't talked nor seen him in a month." I explain.

"Oh, I'm sorry.. I didn't know" Zak jumped out of bad as well, "Its alright.. I'll still tell her I'm staying over at a house." I say.

I typed out a message telling my mother I'm sleeping over at friends house for the weekend.

"Aight, I guess I'll just have to wait for her to respond." I clicked the send button, "Great. Are you hungry? Do you wanna go out for breakfast?" Zak asks.

"Yeah sure why not?" I smiled

~~~

"Here, you can use this." Zak hands me an extra coat, "Thanks" I replied. Just as we were about to leave someone spoke "Where are you and your friend going?" "Hm?" I mumbled. Now knowing who they are, "We are just going out Samira." Zak rolls his eyes. "Who is this?" I ask without hesitation.

"Oh ba-Darryl this is my sister Samira." He says, "Hey." I shook her hand. "Hi, can I talk to Zak for a second?" Samira asks, "Yeah sure I'll wait outside." I closed the door.

As I waited outside I could hear some mutters of their conversation through the wooden door, "YOU WERE ABOUT TO SAY BABE!" I heard Samira yell.

"Samira please, I wasn't going to and can u keep it down?! He might hear you!" Zak whisper shouted, "OH PLEASE, WHATS THE POINT OF HIDING IT? I ALREADY KNOW YOUR PAN!" Samira shouts. I heard the rustling of the door about to open.

"Hey.." I say, "Hi.. sorry about that" he says before locking the door. "So, should we start walking?" He suggests, "Yeah sure" i nod.

~~~

During our walk I opened my mouth to speak, "Soo Uhh.. what sexuality are you? Yeah I know we are dating and stuff but what sexuality are you." I asked. Acting clueless, pretending i didn't hear their conversation inside. "Oh.. well I'm pansexual, how about you?" he questions.

"Oh, I'm bisexual." I answered his question, "Oh alright!" He says.

~~~

I tapped my nails softly against the wooden table, I stared at Zak to see him on his phone. "What are you doing?" I asked him, bending slightly over the table to see his screen. "Look at this cute dog!" He exclaims, showing his screen to me.

"Aww" I say, taking the phone out of his hands. Shortly after I turned off the phone and slid it into the coats pocket, "Hey!" Zak pouts. "Give it back!" Zak tries to reach for the phone.

I giggled and took a bite of my toast, "Can I have someee babyyy??" Zak begs. "You already finished your food!" I replied. "But I'm still hungrryyyy" he whines, "fine.. only 4 bites!" I say. Zak takes the toast and takes 4 large bites, "Zakkkk" I whines. Pretending to frown to act sad.

"I'm sorry, do you want me to order another one?" He stroked my hand under the table, I smiled. "Its fine Zak, I was just joking"

"Alright.." Zak replies.

~~~

Before i was about to purge Zak grabbed my wrist, "Please don't." He whispered. "I need to!" I whisper shouted. Trying to pull my arm away, "Please don't Darryl.. I want to help you, what your doing is wrong." He says softly. I gulped, "Alright.." I nodded; sitting back down in my chair.

~~~

Suddenly my phone buzzed, it was my mother.

Mother
That's enough, your 18. It's time for you to move out.

What?!

I started to shake, "Whats wrong?!" Zak says. "I-I'm kicked out of my house.." I stuttered, "Oh my gosh!" Zak says. Running up to my side of the table, he started to comfort me and kiss my cheek. "How about you live with me for a while? I'm planning to move out in a year." Zak says, that sentence immediately brought a blissful smile to my face.
"I would love to!" I replied.

~~~

We sat in the local park, people were having picnics and taking selfies. But we were just sitting on the grass casually, "I'm cold.." I shivered. "Come here.." Zak says, he opened his legs wide and allowed me to sit in between them.

Zak wrapped his arms around me and kissed the top of my head, I tried not to blush but I could already feel my face heating up.

"I love you.."
"I love you too."

886 words

THE END