Chapter 9: Attack I

An:
sooooo... This is probably gonna be a short chapter (edit: so I lied).

Also sorry if my writing sucks.

Flashback:

'"IT'S JUST A STUPID BLACKOUT. YOU ARE ALL OVER REACTING. IT CAN'T GET ANY WORSE"

IT GOT WORSE

THE ENTIRE BALLROOM WAS ATTACKED'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Dippy's POV)

The lights were out. That's odd...

Suddenly I heard glass breaking... Probably from the windows...

The windows??? Wait...

Screams then filled the air. People were running away from the now probably glassless windows. I couldn't see well. What's going on???

I looked around and then heard in my sister's direction:

"DIPPER WHAT ARE YOU STANDING AROUND FOR?!"

Mabel?

Then some dim green lights appeared in the room. Where did those come from?

There was enough light for me to see just enough to realise what was happening...

Demons were attacking. Some came in through the doors or windows.

Who could've known this would happen?

Suddenly the almost complete lack of light made sense: Demons in the other Kingdom can see better at night than humans.

Of course they can't completely see in the dark so they shine green light during their attacks. The is very effective as the lack of lights and then the ominous green light effects cause unsettling feelings for the victims.

I guess we're the victims then.

I could see in the dim green lights some  knights attacking the demons who were attacking the poor humans.

My flight or flight instincts kicked in and I grabbed what I saw was my sister's arm and ran to bring her to safety.

"DIPPER?! WHAT THE FU-" Mabel yelled.

"We have to stay safe Mabel! The guards will take care of it" I tried telling her but of course she didn't want to listen.

"Dipper I acknowledge you're worried about my safety but WE CAN'T JUST DO NOTHING, WE NEED TO FIGHT" Mabel said.

I then heard and noticed that around the ballroom humans were joining the fight to protect the castle. Some of whom were of no condition or had any proper training to fight.

I heard things such as:

"FETCH ME MY SWORD AND LET ME AT 'EM!" said some guy.

To which another responded: "Simeon you're 93!"

"Yep! In my prime"

I then heard a women ask her partner: "Darling, could you fetch me a sword? I'm going to fight"

And that partner told her sternly: "Madeline darling, you nine months pregnant: NO!"

"Dear I can easily kick these arses"

"No fighting!"

"FINEEEEEE! AUGH! you're no fun"

Someone even yelled "THIS IS WAY BETTER THAN THE LAST PARTY!"

The most surprising thing was my sister. Who all of a sudden revealed as she slightly lifted her dress that she had what some may consider weapons.

"Wha-...? H-How...? WHY DO YOU HAVE THOSE?!" I stuttered and yelled in shock.