Chapter 5: Rainy Days

(Dip's Pov)

I ran after Mabel out of the throne room. But couldn't keep up with her as she was the faster twin. I stopped to catch my breath. I usually had to, like one or two times...

Damn... Why does this castle have so many stairs. It's easy going down the stairs but it's a pain going up. Like the next thing royalty needs at the end of the day is to walk up all those frickin' stairs. When they were building the castle did they decide "hey, know what's a good idea: MORE FLOORS!!". I mean jeez. Maybe I'll get a different room when Mabel and I lead...

Would it be both Mabel and I?? Ford emphasized that to rule you had to marry or something like that. He hasn't really found a match for Mabel though, only possibilities. It seems like Ford's focusing a little more on me. Is Ford like sexist? Or does he only want one ruler?

Let's not focus on that right now Dipper: Mabel needs you.

I run up the last bunch of stairs and reach Mabel's room. The door's unlocked and I walk in and look around.

I noticed out the window it was now pouring raining. It seems like a big storm is going to happen soon. I hope it won't last long.

I can't see Mabel anywhere. Maybe she's somewhere else? I was about to leave then I stopped...

I heard sobbing from her closet. I then recognized it and realized Mabel was in the closet.

I knocked gently on the door "Mabel? Could I come in for a second?"

I heard a sniff and then a small "yes"

I opened the door and walked in the fair sized walk-in closet that held beautiful dresses and shoes. She also had shirts and pants that were usually disorganized and on the ground in the closet.

Mabel was sitting on the ground, holding her legs close to her chest, with her back against the wall. I sat down next to her.

"Are you ok?" I asked

"Mentally, physically, or emotionally?" She asked

"Emotionally"

"I'm not"

I put my arms around my sister and look into her face. Tears were streaming down her cheeks.

"Are you upset about Ford's news about how we have to get hitched (married)? Or was it because my match was...?"

I didn't want to finish, but Mabel got it when she answered: "Both"

"I see. I'm not looking forward to both either" I said sadly

"I wish we had a choice" she said softly.

"Me too" I responded looking down.

We sat there quietly for a couple seconds until I broke the silence.

"Mabel... How long have you been in love with her?" I asked looking into her eyes again.

"I don't know how long, maybe since we were twelve or something" she told me with a serious expression "...Was it that obvious?"

"Well you just confirmed it" I teased.

"Hey, you jerk!" She smiled, but it took only a couple seconds before it fell.

"I did kind of suspect a crush on her from you for a while" I told my sister,"but when you turned pale when her name was brought up I guessed maybe you might actually love her"

"Yeah... I guess maybe love is right. I mean how could I not fall in love with her. She is smart, fashionable, confident, funny, elegant, and perfect in everyway-"