I'm Really Glad we Met Each Other - 5

Lilly felt so many butterflies as she walked to pick up Rose. It was so new for her to feel so many things about one girl, and even newer to make a move like she did with Rose. She was glad, though unearthly nervous, to do this. She would be on a date with a girl she liked, who seemed to like her, this could be the beginning of a relationship!

Lilly had originally felt like Rose was just a very kind girl and was talking to her out of courtesy, but after they had talked for so long, it had become evident to Lilly that Rose liked her, seemingly in a romantic way, and wanted to be around her, so Lilly was feeling confident that something would happen today. Whether that was playing footsie or holding hands, she felt so strongly so quickly that she bet Rose was the same.

"Hey Rose! Your chauffeur has arrived." Lilly smiled and waved at Rose from the sidewalk.

"Oh hi! I'm so very glad, I'm simply too exhausted to drive myself anywhere." Rose walked down from the porch and exaggerated feigned fatigue.

Lilly giggled, and Rose and her began to walk alongside each other. At first they just made some small talk about how their days had been so far, but soon after it became a conversation full of jokes and funny stories, until they reached the Mcdonalds.

"I'll have a Mcplant burger with a medium soda please." Rose ordered first, only after Lilly's insistance.

"I'll have a egg Mcmuffin with a chocolate milk please." Lilly ordered.

In just a few minutes the two had their meals and walked out of the Mcdonalds, and to the park nearby. It was the town centre, so there were a decent amount of passerby, but not enough that it felt crowded.

"Mhm, this is good." Rose mumbled before she took another bite of her burger. Lilly looked at her and smiled, seeing how happy Rose was made her feel happier.

"Mine's pretty good too," Lilly finished off her food and took a sip of her chocolate milk before closing it and putting it into her bag. 

"If you're nearly done we could go for a bit of a walk? I know some cute spots."

Rose crumpled up the wrapped of her burger and put it into her empty soda cup.

"Sure! That'd be fun, we could take some pictures too!" Lilly smiled, feeling even more sure of the fact that Rose had feelings for her from that suggestion. 

"Okay, let's go!" The girls threw out their stuff and Lilly led Rose to one of her spots, while they talked and enjoyed one anothers company.

"Wow, this is beautiful." Rose smiled brightly, making Lilly feel slightly faint.

They were in a secluded area near the river-side path. It had a little wooden bench and was completely surrounded by tall flowers, bushes, and overgrowth, completely shielding them from the outside world.

Lilly nodded, and sitting next to Rose on the bench, turned to look into her eyes. 

"She's so beautiful." She thought.

"I want to kiss her." so Lilly leaned towards Rose, but suddenly stopped herself.

"What am I thinking? This is our first date, I can't do that."

"Y'know, we've only know each other for a few days, but..." Lilly nodded, feeling her heart swell up. 

"You're quickly becoming one of my closest friends..." Rose continued to talk about how she only had a few friends and Lilly was one of them, but Lilly stopped listening.

"She's straight. She doesn't like me the way I like her. We're just friends." Lilly ached and wished she was at home, dreaming of Rose without the knowledge that she didn't like her like that. She had been so happy just moments before, but when Rose said those words, said they were just friends, that shattered her.

"Why am I like this? We just met and I'm this hurt that she isn't in love with me? Seriously, I brought this on myself." Lilly thought, and then tuned back into what Rose was saying.

"So I'm just really glad we met each other." Lilly looked at Rose, who was sweetly and innocently smiling at her, and smiled in return. "I'm glad too."