Love Can Be Scary When You Dont Know It

New Zealand's POV

I was just standing there in the doorway of my house, I didn't want to go inside I just wanted to go back to Austria but dad had America take me home because he wanted to 'talk' to me.
I hated every time he wanted to 'talk' because it would just turn into a damn lecture about shit so I knew once I walked through those doors it was over for me.

I was definitely a little scared.

"New Zealand, sit your ass down right now"

"What now father"
I walked over to the couch and sat down, I knew it. He was gonna lecture me and I couldn't do anything about it but the only thing I was confused about was why, what did I do to make him have the 'talk' with me? I had done nothing but to him I apparently did something.

"You know what!"

"No I really dont"

"I've been told you were sneaking back into your room last night, care to explain that?"

"Pft, ya think I'd be the one to sneak back into my room late at night? That just sounds like Ame and Nadas doing"

"Dear, don't lie to your father"
I looked over and saw mother drinking her wine and giving me the look I was scared whenever mother did that because although I wasn't talking to her she wanted to know what was going on like she always does.

"Fine"
I turned my head back towards father who was very pissed and it was clear he was.

"I did sneak back into my room last night, sorry"

"A sorry? I expect this shit from America and Nada! But you? I would've never thought about you to be the one"

"Yeah yeah"

"Tell me then Zea, where the hell did you go so late that you came back waaay past your goddamn curfew?"

"Austrias"

"Wow"
Father walked towards the window and looked outside, I honestly didn't know why.

"I told you to stay away from that German family Zea"
He sipped his fucking tea and didn't look at me one damn time.

When I looked back over at mother she was drinking her wine not making any physical eye contact.

Shit. I was fucked.

"Listen, Austria is nothing like her father or grandfather, trust me she's the nicest person I've ever met. She's not like how you say she is dad"

"Right"
Father scoffed and drank more of his tea.

I hated when he made accusations against other countries just because of their family.

"bullshit"
I stood up and ran to my room, I fucking hated it when they did that. Austria was my... friend?... she would never try and hurt me like her father, I would know it. I love Austria and Austria loves me, we would never hurt one another father and mother just needed to accept that Austria and I are- more then friends I guess...

——

Germanys POV

I was on my phone looking at random old pictures I had taken of father, I had been going through a mental breakdown almost that entire day.