Chapter Three: Merry Christmas

Y/N and Hermione watched as Hermione tired a ribbon onto a tree, if Ron ever returned. The three didn't share a word when Hermione came back next to them, getting ready to Apparate. Y/N took Hermione's hand into his, interlocking their fingers before teleporting on top of a rocky hill.

Hermione cried softly, now accepting the fact that Ron may never find them due to all the protective charms they place. Y/N wiped her tears as Harry took the lead, casting the spells.

Harry soon left to set up the tent while Y/N continued the charms over and over. They decided it was best to give Hermione some alone time.

-----------------------------

Harry had finished setting up the tent and it was now getting dark. Hermione hugged her knees tightly as she sat on the steps. Y/N walked over to her, sighing as he kneeled in front. Gently, he took the necklace off of her before placing it on himself.

"I love you, Y/N..." Hermione whispered.

Y/N smiled, placing a small kiss on her forehead. Y/N turned up the radio, signaling Harry to come up and take his place. Harry went in front of Hermione, offering up his hand to her. The two then started dancing along to the muggle music playing on the radio.

Y/N smiled at the sight, walking outside of the tent to let them have their moment.

Y/N stared out at the moon, sitting on a rock. He was worried about Ron, of course. Although Ron said all those hurtful words, he was still a brother to him. Y/N was also still worried about himself. Voldemort said they were linked, could he be the cause of Voldemort always finding them? Surely not... Y/N sighed as he twirled his wand aimlessly, causing cherry blossom petals to float around him, disappearing as they touched the ground.

"Y/N?" Hermione called out from behind him.

"Hey, love." Y/N replied, walking up towards her.

Hermione took a seat next to him and leaned her head on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry." Y/N whispered with a sigh.

"For punching Ron I mean. And encouraging him to leave."

Hermione didn't respond, instead she got up and stood in front of him.

"Stand up, please." Hermione requested, pulling his hands up.

Y/N obliged, standing up. As soon as he did, he was greeted with a warm hug from his girlfriend.

"It's okay, I understand." She mumbled into his chest.

Y/N was surprised at how much Hermione trusted him. Not once did she blame him for Harry leaving. Not one did she doubt him. Not once did she leave him. Through everything, through all their struggles, she was still there. Next to him. By being there with him and Harry, she's risking everything. She didn't leave with Ron, she trusted him to be there for her too. Ever since they met, Hermione knew the dangers she'd face by getting involved with him but yet she stayed alongside him. Y/N cursed at himself for ever doubting her love for him by getting jealous over Ron, she loves him. That's all there is to it.

"I love you." Y/N whispered quietly, Hermione barely heard him.

She responded with a deep kiss, pulling his head down to reach her.

-------------------------------------------------------------

"Hermione! Y/N!" Harry yelled, running towards Y/N and Hermione who sat on the same rock as the night before.

It was now morning and the two of them were watching the sunrise.

"Hermione! You were right! Snitches have flesh memories but I didn't catch the first Snitch with my hand, I almost swallowed it." Harry explained excitedly on his way to the lovers.