Chapter Three: The First Task

"Magical Water Plants of the Highland Lochs?" Harry read out.

Y/N, Harry and Neville were hanging out by the Black Lake. Harry was sitting on tree roots, leaning his back against the tree's bark. Neville was standing in the water, his pant sleeves rolled up while Y/N stood next to him, skipping pebbles across the lake. Y/N's face was tense, his eyebrows were furrowed in frustration. He had read the newspaper that Rita had written about him, she published saying that Y/N was Voldemort's long, lost, son.

"Yeah, Moody gave it to me. That day we had tea." Neville explained before waving towards someone behind Harry.

Y/N and Harry's heads turned to see Hermione, Ron and Ginny walking towards them. Y/N's eyes softened at the sight of his girlfriend. Hermione and Ron seemed to be arguing while Ginny ran towards Y/N, giving him a big hug.

"I saw the newspaper, it's horrible she made up those rumors about you, Y/N." Ginny consoled.

Y/N gave her a soft smile and pat her head before she ran back up to Ron and Hermione. Y/N and Harry took a glance at each other. Harry stood up and Y/N walked up towards him.

Taking a deep breath, Hermione walked forward towards Y/N and Harry.

"Ronald would like me to tell you..." She said, taking another deep breath.

Y/N and Harry looked at each other with confused expressions.

"That Seamus told him... that Dean was told by Parvati that... Hagrid's looking for you, Harry." She managed to get out.

Y/N started walking towards Hermione when Harry's voice stopped him.

"Is that right?... What?" Harry asked, not understanding.

Hermione groaned before rushing back towards Ron, whispering in her ear. Harry shot a questioning look at Y/N who shrugged back.

"Dean was told by Parvati that..." Hermione said, walking up back to Harry.

She sighed.

"Please don't ask me to say it again. Hagrid's looking for you." Hermione said, frustrated. 

She quickly grabbed Y/N's hand, pulling him towards her before turning her back.

"Well, you can tell Ronald-" Harry yelled.

"I'm not an owl!" Hermione snapped, facing back towards Harry.

She then pulled Y/N's hand along and wrapped her free arm around Ginny as she brought the two away from Ron and Harry. Ron stared at Harry for a few seconds before turning his back and following the trio.

------------------------------------------

Hermione's eyes were glued to a book. She was sitting on Y/N's bed, leaning her back on the headboard. She wore one of Y/N's hoodies, playing with the strings of it with one hand holding onto her book.

The scratches of a pen coming into contact with paper was the only noise heard in the quiet room. Y/N sat next to Hermione, scribbling things on a few sticky notes, sticking each one gently onto Hermione. Hermione tried her best to ignore Y/N's antics, focusing on her book.

"Y/NNNN..." Hermione whined when Y/N placed a sticky note on her forehead, finally pinning her attention to him.

Hermione pulled off the sticky note on her forehead, turning it to read. Her annoyed expression was replaced with a small, loving, smile. On the note, the words "I love you" were written neatly, along a few hearts decorating the small piece of parchment.

"You're so cheesy..." She mumbled with a grin before sticking her head back in her book.

Y/N smiled, seeing his girlfriend finally smile after the little incident with Harry and Ron. He knew she was stressed due to Ron ignoring and hating him and Harry. Hermione wouldn't want anything more than to spend her days with Y/N but she was torn between her two best friends and boyfriend. She was stressed about it and Y/N knew that. Hermione being, well, Hermione decided that studying would be the best way to get rid of her stress while Y/N had a different idea.

Y/N gave Hermione a small kiss on the cheek. He then pulled the book away from Hermione, ignoring her little noises of protest.

"Y/NNNNN... Give me my book back, I'm trying to study." She whined once more, reaching out for her book.

Y/N simply shook his head "no" placing the book on the bedside table before pulling the smaller girl onto his lap, wrapping his arms around her, pulling her back into him as he buried his head into her neck. He placed a small kiss on her neck.

"Y/NNN..." Hermione groaned, though much softer this time.

"You need to relax, love..." Y/N whispered into her ear, making her shiver.

Hermione let out a relaxed sigh as she turned herself to face Y/N, still sitting on his lap. She then rested her chin on Y/N's shoulder.

"I love you too..." She mumbled into his neck.

Y/N smiled softly, wrapping an arm around her waist and playing with her hair with his free arm. He leaned back onto his pillows, letting Hermione lay on top of him. The two lovers stayed in that position for a while, with Hermione resting her eyes. She nestled her neck between Y/N's shoulder and neck with a small smile on her face. Y/N gave her a kiss on the head a few times.

Within a few minutes, Y/N felt Hermione's hot breath soften on his skin. Assuming she had fallen asleep, he pulled the blanket over them, turning off the lamp.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------