Chapter Four: Christmas

"Y/N and I are going to Slughorn's party together, so it's you we've got to worry about." Hermione said to Harry.

"You can't just take anyone." Y/N added.

Y/N took the books from Hermione and Harry's arms, returning them to their places for them.

"See that girl over there?" Hermione whispered, motioning towards a girl who sat near the window.

Hermione moved in front of Harry to make his staring less obvious as Y/N stood next to Harry.

"That's Romilda Vane. Apparently, she's trying to smuggle you a love potion."

"Really?" Harry asked with a smile.

Harry looked towards the girl in a trance until Hermione snapped her fingers in front of Harry, gaining his attention back.

"Hey! She's only interested in you because she thinks you're the Chosen One."  Hermione exclaimed, sounding a bit annoyed.

"But I am the Chosen One." Harry responded proudly while Y/N nodded his head next to him.

Hermione whacked the two boys on the head with the parchment she was holding, making them flinch.

"Okay, sorry. Um, kidding." Harry flinched.

"I'll ask someone I like. Someone cool."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/N and Hermione walked into the party together, hand in hand, much earlier than Harry. Hermione wore a beautiful pink dress with the necklace Y/N had gotten her, they both had their matching rings and bracelets on. Her hair was done simply yet perfectly, she let it flow down the sides of her necks only clipping her hair back with a small pin. Y/N on the other hand wore a formal black suit with a white undershirt. He had a pink tie on, wanting to match the colour of Hermione's dress. The room was littered with students drinking expensive wine and champagne while chatting away. Harry had come in with Luna and brought her away somewhere while Hermione dragged Y/N away to a secluded area.

As soon as the two lovers found a place to retreat into, Y/N instantly wrapped his arms around Hermione's waist pulling her close to him. She smelt sweet, like the fragrance of the flowers in a sunny spring day.

"Y/N?" Hermione whispered at her boyfriend's sudden actions.

Y/N pulled away slightly, only enough to look her in the eyes but still able to hold her close.

"Cormac was staring at you..." He pouted.

Hermione's eyes softened as she placed a small kiss on his lips.

"I'm all yours." She reassured.

"I know but-" Y/N started.

Whenever Y/N got insecure, he would start rambling on and Hermione knew this. Though Y/N was usually a quiet individual, whenever it came to Hermione, he could speak a few thousand words without any problems.

"You look so spectacularly stunning today and pink is definitely your colour, it suits you very well. You just look so beautiful that I don't blame him for staring but he looks at you like you're his prey."

Hermione smiled at her boyfriend's rant, grabbing his hands into hers. Y/N gave her a questioning look, stopping himself from talking.

"Calm down, stupid." She giggled.

Y/N shivered at the sound. Instantly, he felt relieved.

Hermione noticed Y/N's softened expression. She took this as her cue to lean into his chest, guiding his arms back around her as they embraced each other.