Chapter Five: Jealousy

"Quick thinking on your part, Harry, using a bezoar." Dumbledore applauded.

Y/N and Hermione sat on two chairs next to the hospital bed which Ron laid in, opposite them was Ginny, holding her brother's hand tightly. In front of the bed, stood Harry, McGonagall, Dumbledore and Snape. Harry had visited Slughorn that night and ended up having a few drinks with him, including Ron who apparently had been poisoned.

"You must be very proud of your student, Horace." He added, turning his head towards the professor walking in.

"Hm? Oh, yes, very proud." Slughorn murmured.

"I think we agree, Potter's actions were heroic." McGonagall praised.

"The question is, why were they necessary?"

"Why, indeed?" Dumbledore asked, moving towards Slughorn.

"This appears to be a gift, Horace. You don't remember who gave you this bottle? Which, by the way, possesses remarkably subtle hints of licorice and cherry... when not polluted with poison."

"Actually I had intended to give it as a gift myself." Slughorn said.

"To whom, might I ask?" Dumbledore questioned him as Snape took the bottle to inspect.

"To you, Headmaster." Slughorn admitted.

The room fell silent at his words. Y/N felt Hermione's hand grab his, making him look towards her. Hermione's face was full of worry, staring over Ron. Y/N interlocked his fingers with Hermione's moving closer to her to which she instantly leaned her head onto his shoulder.

"Where is he?!" A frantic Lavender ran into the room.

"Where's my Won-Won? Has he been asking for me?"

She stopped in front of Snape, panting. Her eyes scanned the room looking at everyone who simply kept their eyes locked onto Ron.

"What's she doing here?" She asked, looking towards Hermione who had been quietly looking over Ron with Y/N.

"I might ask you the same question." Hermione asked, slightly annoyed but kept her eyes on Ron and her head on Y/N's shoulder.

"I happen to be his girlfriend!" Lavender exclaimed, stomping towards the bed.

This time, Y/N spoke up, annoyed at the random girl squawking in front of their resting friend.

"And she happens to be one of his best friends." Y/N growled, glaring at her with his glistening ruby eyes.

"Don't make me laugh. She and my Won-Won haven't spoken in weeks!" Lavender spat, unafraid of Y/N.

"It's not my fault he's decided to igno-" Hermione started but was quickly interrupted by Lavender.

"I suppose you want to make up now that he's all interesting!"

"He's been poisoned, you daft dimbo!" Hermione snapped, standing from her chair and letting go of Y/N's hand.

"And for the record, I already have a boyfriend so stop all of this jealous nonsense!"

Lavender grew quiet, not knowing how to respond. Suddenly Ron started groaning, making her speak up once more.

"Ah. See? He senses my presence." She whimpered, walking up closer.

"Don't worry, Won-Won. I'm here."

Y/N and Ginny looked to each other. Ginny pretended to puke, making Y/N ease up and giggle quietly. Hermione took her seat back next to Y/N, taking his hand into hers once more.