Chapter Three: Quidditch

After classes had ended that day, the trio decided to accompany their new friend to buy his school gear. They had gotten everything they needed from Gringotts and made their way around buying books and requirements.

Ron and Harry split off with the two to look around the sweets store leaving Hermione and Y/N together.

"You don't really talk much do you?" Hermione asked as they walked around the bookstore to which Y/N only shook his head no.

"I would love to get to know you more, considering we're friends now and all." She protested earning a sigh of defeat from Y/N.

"I like to read... What are your hobbies?" She once again asked.

"I also like to read..." He replied with his gentle tone looking her in the eyes.

Hermione stared into his eyes deeply, causing the boy to shift awkwardly. He was much taller than her, maybe about half a head taller which made her have to look up to him.

"I'm a monster deep inside..." He whispered catching Hermione off guard.

"My eyes, you're scared of them too right?" He asked looking away.

Hermione pulled his face back to stare him in the eyes, both her hands on either of his cheeks.

"That's not true at all. I think your eyes are beautiful. They look like rubies!" She exclaimed, causing the boy's eyes to tear up.

"D-did I say something wrong? Are you okay?" Hermione started to panic as she ran through what she just said in her head.

"Not at all!" He exclaimed with tears still in his eyes. He looked deeply back into her eyes.

"That's the kindest thing anyone has ever said to me..." The young boy said with a gentle smile returning back to his soft gentle voice.

"Have you gotten what you needed?" Harry said as they walked up behind them.

The two quickly separated from each with their faces almost as red as Y/N's eyes. Ron looked to Harry with a confused face to which Harry only shrugged.

The quartet walked around for a few more hours collecting everything, with Y/N and Hermione walking close by each other.

---------------------------------------------------------

Hermione, Ron and Y/N sat on a bench waiting for Harry to come out with his quidditch gear. Hermione was peacefully reading a book, with Y/N reading the same book with her as Ron impatiently looked towards the boys walking towards the field.

"Easy, Wood, I've got a note" A voice distracted Y/N and Hermione from the book as they looked towards the arguement.

"I smell trouble." Ron said looking towards Y/N and Hermione as Hermione folded the book in her lap leaving in on the bench. The trio started walking towards the quidditch players. "She looks cute when she looks all serious" Y/N thought to himself as they strode forwards.

The trio arrived at the scene as Wood read out the note.

"-owing to the need to train their new seeker. You've got a new seeker? Who?" Wood asked the Slytherin players.

The Slytherin players cleared the path revealing a blonde boy. "His hair looks very greasy." Y/N thought.

"Those are Nimbus 2001's! How'd you get those!" Ron exclaimed whilst the Slytherin players gave a smug look.

"A gift from Draco's father." One of them answered.

"You see Weasley unlike some, my father can afford the best." Malfoy spat looking at Weasley.