Chapter 20

(The Demon King is standing at his holotable which shows a now deactivated Command Spire. He growls in anger, seething at the latest setback. The Spire disappears and the Harbinger appears in its place)

Demon King: Your plan has failed...

(He flexes his claws threateningly)

As have you, Harbinger.

Harbinger: (hologram) The Auditorium is partially rebuilt.

Demon King; And that is enough?

Harbinger: (hologram) I do not know.

Demon King: Find out.

(Frustrated, the Demon King slams his fists down on the holotable with such force, it breaks and goes offline)

Jega 'Rdomnai: Problem?

Demon King: I am losing patience with her. Please, tell me your mission was a success.

Jega 'Rdomnai: They will come to us.

Demon King: Are you sure?

Cad Bane: I told you it will work.

(With a semi-conscious Summer Rose, whose hands are bound together by energy shackles. Jega pulls her forward, forces her to her knees, and backhands hee across the face. From behind and then over her, Summer regains full consciousness. She looks around in a panic as she realizes where he is. Hearing a soft growling from behind her, Summer, still on her knees, manages to turn herself around as the Demon King emerges from the shadows. He stares down at the prisoner and smiles)

Demon King: *to Jega* Keep him alive. But have your fun. You have earned it.

(He chuckles sadistically. Jega grabs Summer by the head and starts dragging her away. Meanwhile in an unknown location covered in mist, almost like a dream. A ghostly figure materializes behind you)

Ozpin: (memory) This is highly unethical.

Raven: (memory) If you say so. I prefer logical. I do what it takes to ensure our survival. We can debate the ethics should it fail.

Ozpin: (memory) But you took the powers for yourself, Raven. FORCED to take them.

Raven: (memory) *rhetorically* Is there a better candidate?

(The memory fades and a new, yet familiar one starts playing out. Raven walks by, holding your hand)

I will do anything necessary to make sure that your mission is accomplished. Even if that means sacrificing myself - or you - to accomplish it.

(There's a crackling sound - like that of lightning. A smiling Raven appears above you, looking up at your unseen past self)

Hello, Y/n. I'm Raven.

(The memory fades. Salem can be heard)

Salem: (memory) All the living creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by weapons. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Created have come to lead you now. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their old ways... For you, there will be great wrath. It will burn hot and consume you. And when you are gone, we will take that which remains and we will remake it in our own image.

(Salem vanishes into the mist. There's an ominous rumbling sound. Suddenly, Salem appears from the mist, reaching out with one hand. A flash of white light engulfs everything. You wake and pick yourself off the floor and stands back up. You look up and see Raven sitting against the wall. She looks up at you, a strained look on her face)