24 || M I C A E L A

"I want to tell you about why I am being abused," Callum said softly into my chest.

We were laying in bed, with me being sore down there. So we didn't go to school. We spent the whole day in bed. Getting up only for necessary things. Right now we were all cuddled up under the covers with his head on my chest and our legs and arms tangled together.

"You don't have to baby, I know it could be a sensitive subject," I said, running my hand through his hair.

"I think it's time I tell someone. Maybe it will make me feel better and help me realize that it wasn't my fault. I have always thought that it was my fault she had died and that's why I wasn't fighting my parents when they hurt me."

"Belen was my baby sister. She was stillborn. She had died inside my mother's stomach a day before my mother started having contractions. They were hurt by the news of their baby girl being dead. My parents have always wanted a girl and when I came they were not that excited. I don't know why but they had always preferred a girl. They didn't treat me as badly as right now growing up but with the news of Belen it only influenced them into hating me more than they already did. I let them do whatever they wanted to me. I felt like it was my fault. When I was small I didn't know the difference between right and wrong."

"But as I grew up I started to think about it. They had told me about Belen when they were drunk one night. I was old enough to know that I wasn't at fault. But their words just kept running through my head. Until now, I can see how parents treat their kids. Makes me see that what my parents are doing is wrong. I have always been afraid to be left alone. I didn't want to go to the police because I didn't know if they would believe me or even help me."

"I didn't want my parents to be taken away. I know they aren't good people but they were the only relatives I had. I didn't have anyone. I was scared of what would become of me. So I never went to the police. Never told a soul about what happens behind doors until now." I heard his tears in his voice before I felt them in my chest.

I know it must be hard for him but sometimes we have to let out our emotions before they eat us up. So I let him cry. I gave him kisses, wiped his tears only for more to roll down, but I hugged him tightly to me. To let him know I would always be here for him.

"I love you, baby. And if they didn't appreciate how good of a person you are then I will. I will give you the whole world if it makes you happy."