how long....?

Bakugou pov

"Um... hi?" My mother asked, confused, only seeing Mina and me. "Where's Kir-" I pushed past her without a word. "KATSUKI!!". I ignored her. I didn't want to hear his name. As I get to the top of the stairs I hear that asshole Mina tell my mom everything that happened. I shut my door behind me collapsing against it. About an hour later tears are still falling down my face at this point and I feel weak and betrayed and like an idiot. I look at my phone and debate what I'm about to do. I pick it up and call him.

"Bakuou-"he starts and I already know this is a bad idea

"SHUT up" I snap trying not to cry. It immediately goes quiet. "How long?" I whisper even though I'm not ready for the answer.

"Umm.. can we not do this over the phone?". I growl "How fucking long Kirishima?!" Tears are pouring from my eyes and I know he can hear it in my voice. It goes quiet again.

"Four months," he sighed within a whisper. The moment the s rolled off his lips I threw my phone across the room using an explosion to boost it. It slammed against the wall and I heard the beep of my phone hanging up. I pulled my hands up to my head and made a few small explosions trying to ignore my tears.

I couldn't sleep. I spent the whole night staring at my wall trying to process it all. I couldn't think straight. My mind was racing. How could he?

How could he say he loves me?

How can he hug me tightly?

How can he smile and make me feel so important?

When he was with him the whole time

How

How

How????

My mind was racing and I felt lightheaded. I looked at the time and it was well past midnight. I sighed and walked downstairs to get some food. I sighed poking at the food when my mother walked down. I wiped my face one last time before she got down. She flicked on the lights and looked at me with pity. 'tsk' I looked down and away, I know she can see that I'd been crying. "Katsuki" she walked over to me and side-hugged me, I pushed her away. "Don't touch me" I mumbled. She seemed even more concerned "Kat, why don't you tell me what happened" she smiled softly "That idiot raccoon face already told you" I huffed eyes planted on the counter in front of me.

"Well I want to hear it from you, you ungrateful brat" I could feel her blood boil since I was kind of giving attitude /but not nearly as much as usual/ I want arguing back and I was being difficult. She sighed and kissed my head "Come on for me please?" She tilted her head.

I thought for a second about everything and nothing. I felt tears but I wouldn't let them fall. I let out a shaky breath "Kirish-" I can't even say his name "Fucking shitty hair....fukin..... kissed dunce's face..." my voice broke I growled with frustration shoving my face in my hands. My mother rubbed my back, something she hadn't done in years. She used to do it when I had gotten really hurt trying to fight someone bigger than me. This made it worse in a way. I look pathetic enough for her to do this. I slammed my hand down on the counter covering my face to muffle a scream "It's been going on for 4 months Mom FOUR fucking months" Tears are dripping off my face. I hate him, I hate him" My voice cracked but it wasn't yelling or loud. He pulled me in a hug again "No you don't " She whispered in my ear. I fell apart in her arms crying into her shoulder. I hate it but I can't stop. I fall to the floor and she follows me down, never letting go of me. We stayed in the kitchen for the rest of the night just talking, neither one of us ended up yelling, no arguments, just pleasant conversation that was rare but made the moments more important. I was starting to feel a little better as the sun rose but I still felt down and depressed.

After two pots of coffee, my mother ruffled my hair "You good with me dropping you off?". I was a little surprised she'd even give me an option so I just nodded "Yeah..". She smiled and ruffled my hair "C'mon kiddo"