Through The Wringer

The lights were out in the Batcave. Batman was hiding somewhere in the darkness, with Spider-Man at the center of the dark. This first bit of training was trying to sharpen Spider-Man's other senses. To not have him resort to his preternatural 6th sense so much, since there might be the possibility of that sense being fooled. There were sounds echoing back and forth, the cape flapping, the grapple gun firing and recoiling. Looking back and forth, Spider-Man trying to hone in on the noise to try and lock onto Batman's actual location. It's hard though, obviously it's hard to track Batman.

"You know this trial is practically impossible, right? You're literally the apex predator when it comes to vigilantes!" He shouted to the dark. Expecting to hear the voice of Batman to try and get some key on where the Dark Knight is. Only to hear Batman's voice from everywhere at once, presumably a built in system of speakers around the Batcave.

"Don't doubt your senses. Think of a way around the problem, don't try and tackle it directly. Be a detective, not a fighter. Be vigilant, because if I hit you once then the fight is over," Batman's voice blared around the cave. He truly sounded like the invisible, supernatural threat that he'd heard so much about initially. Back before he joined the GCPD, Batman was some urban legend. A monster from the shadows, that would terrify the criminals and arguably leave Gotham safer. Now, he knows Batman is a man...which arguably makes him scarier than the urban myth. The urban myth made Batman a ghost that can't be touched, the reality is you can hit Batman. It just won't do anything to slow him down.

"Think Parker...think. There's got to be a way around this," He muttered to himself as he tried looking around. Even when his eyes adjusted to the darkness, Batman was nowhere to be seen. A shadow amidst the ocean of shadows.

"Maybe...if I can't visualize him with conventional input," Peter realized, as he suddenly heard the sound of something whipping through the air. Curving to the left and careening towards him. He jutted his hand out, catching the bat shaped metallic projectile. The batarang now in Peter's hand, giving him an idea.

"If I can angle this just right. With just the right amount of force," Peter calculated in his head, winding back with the batarang in his hand. Using his other hand to angle the throw just right.

".....Now!" Peter called out as he threw the Batarang with his super strength, hearing the batarang flying off into the darkness. There's a loud clang and metallic grind and skittering noise. A flash of light as the batarang hitting the stone let out sparks and orange light. The vague outline of Batman's cape moving out of the view of the sparks. Seems Batman figured out my plan before he even did it.

"Good try. You'll need to try better though," Batman's voice boomed. As the voice echoed, Spider-Man heard another Batarang get thrown. Leaping out of the way of that Batarang, that he didn't hear the second one being thrown. Nor did he hear the electrical crackling coming from that Batarang. When Spider-Man grabbed it to try and return it to sender, he felt the sudden surge of electricity course through his body and suit. The downside of a suit being partially made from carbon fibers is that those parts are more susceptible to electrical attacks. Which in a suit that has built in circuitry, is not a good thing.

His muscles contracted and seized, preventing him from letting go of the shocking Batarang. Each circuit in the suit frying as the charge was released through him. Spider-Man's hand crushed the batarang with super strength, stopping the shocks. The new Spider-Man suit was already fried and render unusable.

"Using an electric device to attack my suit's heightened conductivity vulnerability. That's why you're the detective," Peter said, catching his breath as the lights turned back on and Batman glided to him from the dim rocky wall.

"One thing you need to learn early is that the enemies you'll face in Gotham may be insane. However, they are also geniuses in different fields. Some may be able to take note of some things about you to turn it into a weakness against you. So try to cover your weaknesses before they can be discovered," Batman instructed.

"Understood, Batman. I'll get back to work on redesigning the Spidey," Peter said as he took the suit off and began redesigning for another indeterminate amount of time. Another 3 weeks went by, and Peter Parker cleaned up the Spider-Man act. When Batman came back down, the suit looked substantially different. Peter had constructed a prototype for a newer model utility belt that Batman had planned for the future.

"Oh! Batman, welcome back. I uh...clearly shifted gears. I saw you had a special fabric from a...Reed Richards. So I decided to try working that in. This new suit is composed of the same titanium dipped tri-weaved kevlar spandex composite fabric. Then that has a double weave of the special fabric, and uh...well I guess I can see why you were struggling to work with it. The default tones are black on white," He explained. Lifting the suit to show Batman.

The suit has a black and white color scheme. The black segments are on the outer sides of the body, split at regular intervals while the white scheme stretches from the feet to the torso and all around the arms. The face is nearly completely white save for the black lenticular mechanical lenses. The black marking all covers the inside wrists and hands while the outside is pure white. There are also torso line marks at each rib cage section. The black coloring all stems from the spider insignia on the chest, spread throughout its eight legs.

"I see...now how did you get around this...glaring flaw?" Batman asked. Peter answered by putting the suit on, clasping the belt around his waist and under his suit top. A red button lighting on the center of the circular buckle.

"The fabric can be calibrated to invert it's color via electromagnetic frequency. So I designed this belt to give enough of a repeating electromagnetic pulse to not just recalibrate the suit, but also obscure my appearance from most conventional forms of monitoring equipment," Spider-Man explained as he pushed the red button, the suit having a pulsing ripple effect. The white inverted into black, and the black inverted into white. Even the newly restored web shooters follows suit with the color inversion.

"What frequency do you have it set to? So I can have Oracle recalibrate her equipment to keep eyes on you when I can't?" Batman asked. After relaying the frequency to Oracle, the lights were out in the cave again. Put through the wringer once more.