Invention

Bruce Wayne had left Peter Parker alone in the Batcave for effectively the better half of two weeks. Occasionally checking in as Batman to see how he was doing, bringing him food and water to make sure his nutritional needs were met. From the few glimpses he could catch, there was indeed progress being made. He was tinkering with circuitry one time, chemicals the next time.

"It seems that young Parker is still hard at work," Alfred said, observing a security feed of the Batcave and seeing Peter operating on his old suit to map out the wiring into the new suit.

"He's diligent. I'll give him that," Bruce Wayne complimented, watching the same feed.

"Master Bruce, what are your plans to train young Parker?" Alfred asked.

"I'll put him through rigorous physical and mental training to harden his resolve. Put him through some of the same training I went through when I was preparing to become Batman," Bruce began.

"You also said you have a plan to train his detective prowess. How would you go about that, Master Bruce?" Alfred asked. Bruce sighed and looked up at the ceiling, his hand on his head.

"I might need to try and dredge out some of Ducard's lessons that I was taught when I was getting started. Might need to call in a favor if I can't," Bruce said with a semi-exhausted tone.

"Understood, Master Bruce
Would you like for me to get you a drink?" Alfred asked.

"Just a pitcher of water will be fine. So I can bring some down to him too," Bruce replied, putting his cowl back on to head down to check on Peter as Batman. Going down an elevator shaft that connects Wayne Manor to the rest of the Batcave. Peter was looking over at Batman when the elevator stopped.

"How's the progress?" Batman asked.

"I think I'm just about done with the individual pieces of Spider-Man. I wrote down my new formula for the web solution. I used some of these hardened carbon fiber gas cartridges to store the new formula. I redesigned my web shooters, with more precise controls over the webbing's properties. I even developed some additional bells and whistles that I think you might like. Oh and I may have borrowed something of yours to pull this all together. I hope you don't mind," Peter explained briefly. Batman, being curious about how the entire ensemble looked gave Peter the floor.

"Run me through it. I want to see what improvements you've done to yourself," Batman instructed. Peter grabbed a stack of papers and handed it to Batman, while going back and beginning to inject the solution he made into the cartridges. Meanwhile, Batman examined the notes handed to him. It showed the chemical formula, what's different between this version of the formula and other earlier versions of the formula.

From what Batman is seeing, this formula has a higher overall tensile strength along with a stronger pascal limit of elasticity before the material begins to have structural failure. The material is also electrically insulating, meaning that it'll protect from live wires and electrical current of high voltage. Batman was also surprised that this complex chemical compound was designed to just degrade into water after about an hour and a half of exposure from first contact.

"What's next?" Batman asked as he set the chemical notes down onto the table. Peter had handed him the diagram for the web shooters that he made as he began equipping them to his wrists. The devices themselves worked on a system of two precise pressure triggers. Which explains why Spider-Man constantly brought his middle and ring fingers into his palm to make the webbing. The left trigger controlled the pressure and volume of web solution dispensed, while the right trigger modulates the rpm of the mechanical spinnerette nozzles. The faster the nozzles spin, the fluid is spun into the weaved strands that Spider-Man swings from.

"There's also a third trigger. Behind the webbing controls, it's a cartridge release for when I run out. So I can quickly change to a new cartridge in the middle of a fight," Peter explained, holding his hand up and pointing to the third trigger just below the center of his palm. Which is where Batman realized something about Peter's statement.

"Where would you get the new cartridge and put the old ones in the middle of a fight?" Batman asked. Peter suddenly had this shy and embarrassed look on his face as he reached behind a table, lifting his shirt enough and slinking a belt around his waist. It was a black and yellow... mechanical...belt...wait a minute.

"Is that one of my Utility Belts?" Batman asked him.

"It's from one of the suits you weren't using anymore. This was one of the uh...bells and whistles I was going to show you," Peter explained, clicking open each of the mechanical compartments and showing the contents that he's put into them. Some of them had what Batman would expect, web cartridges for the webshooters. Then Batman noticed some contents that seemed unorthodox for what he knew of Spider-Man at the time, some of the compartments had smoke pellets in them. Some of them had different black pellets that Batman couldn't recognize. There were black mechanical spiders with red buttons in some of the compartments. With a gps receiver of some sort. Among other things that Batman would recognize as his standard issue carry equipment.

Batman also noticed that there were some web cartridges that had grey colored strips of tape along them.

"What's in the taped cartridges?" Batman asked.

"A pressurized blend of Propofol, Tetracaine and Nitrous Oxide. The mother of all sleeping gases," Peter explained, as he was putting all of the equipment back into their respective compartments.

"Now for the suit itself. What're you working with now?" Batman asked him. Peter grabbed his new suit and put it on, adjusting the belt to go firmly over the suit. The suit took some visual cues from Batman, the color scheme being primarily red, grey and gold. Comparing this suit to the previous suit he was wearing, it seems that the spider is now in a different styling. The emblem looking more technological and minimalistic. The legs of the spider being detached from the body itself. Where the red was on the old suit, was now a black-grey shade. The blue of the previous suit was replaced with a vibrant but deep shade of red. Finally, the black detailing on the previous suit was replaced with gold, including the very spider emblem on the chest. The lenses on the mask also having the golden coloration.

"I assume the different colors are different materials that provide different protections?" Batman asked. Spider-Man nodded as he pointed to the red.

"Kevlar spandex inter-weaved fiber blend, with flexible gel padding to give protection against relative low caliber firearms and blades and knives. The grey is is the same armoring as the red with 10 layers of carbon fibers between each layer. The gold is the same stuff the armored parts of your suit is made of. Titanium dipped tri-weaved armor plating. Bright but practically indestructible," Spider-Man explained.

"You got inventive during those two weeks. I respect that," Batman commended. That didn't mean he would relent on the training though.