Chapter 37

"Ah! This is Fuyo." Iida smiled as he gestured to me.

"Uh- hello." I awkwardly waved. His mother smiled warmly, and my eyes widened slightly at the kind expression.

"So you're the famous Fuyo! I hope you're all that Tenya says!" She giggled, and I tensed.

"Um... yeah..." I rubbed my arm as I let out an awkward chuckle.

"Mother!" Tenya scolded his mom, and she smiled softly.

"My apologies, I'm only teasing." She chuckled before turning back around. "Welcome inside! Dinner should be ready in about an hour." She waved her hand as she left, entering the kitchen again.

"I'm sorry if that made you uncomfortable. Are you uncomfortable?" Tenya turned, resting a hand on my shoulder. I flinched back slightly, causing him to retract his hand with a frown.

"No, no! It's fine. I'm just not used to... such-" I paused, looking down at the nice wood floor. "Love..." I glanced away, and I heard Tenya let out a small sigh.

"I'll make sure there's lots more where that came from." He chuckled softly, and I looked back at him with wide eyes. He smiled down at me, and I felt my face grow warm.

"I- let's go study already, nerd." I stuttered, pushing past the tall boy, making my way towards his room.

"Of course." He replied, following me inside his creepily organized and spotless room. I sat on the floor, sitting criss cross. I rested my chin in my palm as Tenya gathered all our materials. He set my backpack down, taking some paper out of it.

"Let's start with our homework." He stated, sitting down in front of me. I let out a sigh as he placed the paper in front of me.

"Isn't that optional?" I asked, and Tenya choked.

"What?! Of course not! Have you been thinking that this whole time?!" He shrieked, and I leaned back on my hands with a smirk.

"So it's not?" I asked, and he pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Fuyo, have you done a single page of homework at all this year?" He sighed, fearing my answer.

"Nope." I carelessly replied, popping the P.

"Are you serious?! Fuyo!" He exclaimed, shaking his head. I shrugged, setting my pencil down.

"What's the point? It's just extra work." I stated.

"It's practice! You need to practice with your school work as much as you practice with your training!" He scolded, and I sighed.

"Fiiiinee." I groaned, leaning forwards, reading the first problem. I sat there for a moment with a frown.

"I don't know how to do this." I bluntly stated, and Tenya looked up.

"If you didn't sleep through all of class, you might have learned a few things." Tenya sighed, and I shrugged.

"I've gotta sleep at some point." I stated, and he paused.

"Fuyo." He addressed, and I looked up in response. "Do you not sleep at home?" He asked, and I tensed. I glanced away, caught off guard by the sudden question.

"Of course I do. The lessons are just so boring." I shrugged before yanking the paper out in front of me. "Anyways, are you going to teach me or not?" I quickly changed the subject, picking my pencil back up. I twirled it in my fingers, silently hoping that Tenya would just drop the issue. His stare lingered on me for a moment before he sighed, looking down at the paper. A small smile formed on his face as he read the problem. I couldn't help but gaze at his focused face. He looked so... calm.