Chapter 24

"Shit." I cursed as I prepared for Todoroki's attack. I created a large needle, about the length of a pole. I felt my energy drain as I summoned such a large needle. I gripped the pole as I sliced down through the ice, protecting myself from its grasp.

"Woah! Check that out ladies and gents! Who knew Doku had such a move up her sleeve!" Present Mic's commentary reached my ears as I panted. The man had been yelling this whole time, I just wasn't listening until now.

"What...?" Todoroki gazed at the hole I made in his attack as his ice filled the arena around us. It was a lot like his match with Sero, except not completely to that extent since I had weakened him. Ice began to creep up Todoroki as he shivered, overusing his Quirk was giving him frostbite. I summoned more needles, jumping up into the air and throwing them at him.

Todoroki didn't bother using his ice to block them knowing it would be useless. Instead he dodged two of them, but a third impaled his shoulder. Damn, he moved. I was aiming to paralyze his ice side, but instead I hit his fire side.

Once I landed, Todoroki stomped his foot on the ground, covering it in ice. I struggled to keep my balance as I slipped a bit. Suddenly, a spike shot up from the ground, and I leaned backwards, narrowly dodging the attack.

"Are you trying to kill me?!" I stared at the boy in shock. If that spike hit me, it would've impaled my face.

Todoroki panted harshly, stumbling a bit as his arm swung limply by his side. He ripped my needle out from his shoulder with a grunt. He suddenly ran at me, reeling his arm back. I dodged his punch, but he quickly changed his course, his fist colliding with my cheek. I winced as my cheek stung harshly.

It was also cold. Really cold.

I brought a hand up to my cheek to feel a chunk of ice beginning to grow across my skin. I gripped the ice, harshly ripping it off my face. I hissed in pain as I ripped my skin off. I threw the ice aside, feeling blood begin to drip from my face.

I wiped the blood away, giving Todoroki a stern look as he narrowed his eyes at me. I created a larger needle, shoving it into the ground to keep my balance on the ice. Todoroki jumped up to kick me and I grabbed his ankle, swinging him then throwing the boy in the opposite direction. He caught himself before flying out of bounds.

I felt dizzy as I created more needles. Using my Quirk so much is taking its toll on me. I panted as I kept my eyes trained on the boy. He ran at me, and I threw two needles at him. He outstretched his arm, preparing to send another ice attack my way. He dodged the needle aimed for his arm, but he didn't seem to notice the other one. My needle successfully impaled his leg, paralyzing it.

Todoroki fell to the ground, his leg giving out under him. However, as he fell and his hand hit the ground, a wave of ice raced my way, catching me off guard. The ice shot up my body, freezing me in place. That was it. I was trapped in Todoroki's ice as he sat up on the ground.

"Doku is immobilized! Todoroki wins and will be moving on to the final round!" Midnight yelled and the crowd went wild. I let out a sigh, feeling exhausted. My face grew hot as my skin froze from the ice around me. I panted, feeling a headache come on. I overused my Quirk and began to develop a fever. I really pushed it with those big needles I summoned.

Todoroki ripped the needle from his leg and some robots with a stretcher helped him up. However, he walked towards me with the help of the robots. He pressed his hand against the ice surrounding me, beginning to melt it.

"I underestimated you." Todoroki stated, his eyes trained on the ice.

"I sure didn't. I knew you'd kick my ass." I replied, leaning my head back.