Chapter 47

I walked into the field where we were supposed to meet Mr. Aizawa. It was about 5:30am, and my class yawned loudly as they dragged themselves through the field.

I hadn't gotten much sleep due to sleeping in a cramped room with the rest of the girls, but my lack of sleep didn't really bother me. I was used to it anyway. I crossed my arms, standing next to a very tired looking Uraraka.

"Good morning, class." Mr. Aizawa greeted as he stood in front of us. "Today we begin the training camp that will increase your strength. Our goal is to increase your strength exponentially so that you all can earn your provisional license. This will allow you to face the dangers that continue to fester in the darkness. Proceed carefully."

"Look alive, Bakugo." The man called out, tossing a ball at the blonde. Bakugo caught it with ease, looking down at the ball in slight confusion.

"Try throwing that for me." Mr. Aizawa instructed.

"Yeah, sure. Like in the fitness test." He carelessly agreed, looking back up at the teacher.

"That's right. When you first started school your record was 705.2 meters. Let's see if you've improved." Mr. Aizawa stated as Bakugo walked over to a clear area.

"Oh I get it! You're checking our progress!" Mina chimed in, eagerly looking over at the blonde as he walked away.

"A lot has happened to us these last three months! Maybe he can throw it a whole mile now!" Sero suggested. I sighed, watching Bakugo prepare to blast the ball away.

"Come on, get it Bakugo!" Kirishima cheered his friend on.

I'm not actually sure how he'll do after all this time. I feel like we've definitely improved, but why would Mr. Aizawa specifically instruct this if he didn't have a point?

"I've got this. No one blink! Go to hell!" Bakugo screamed before using his quirk to blast the ball into the sky.

The ball launched itself across the forest, and Bakugo proudly straightened back up.

"That was 709.6 meters." Mr. Aizawa bluntly stated, turning his phone for proof. The blonde choked, his eyes widening as he froze at the sentence.

"That's it? Kind of disappointing..." Sero muttered, and Bakugo growled.

"You've had a single semester at U.A. and due to your various experiences, all of you have definitely improved. But those improvements have mostly been limited to mental prowess and technical skill. With a slight increase of stamina along the way. As you can see, your quirks themselves have not improved much on a fundamental level. That's why we're now going to focus on improving your powers." Mr. Aizawa explained.

I scoffed, looking away. He's right. Aside from the random villain attacks, our quirk's ability themselves haven't really been consistently trained.

A smirk snaked across Mr. Aizawa's face as he turned towards us.

"This will be so hard, you'll feel like you're dying. Let's hope you all survive." He sent us an unsettling look, and I sighed. He didn't need to say all that...

After Mr. Aizawa gave us such an inspiring speech, we had immediately gotten started. It had already been about an hour, and Class B had finally showed up.

We were all given a unique activity designed to individually improve our quirks. I let out a long exaggerated sigh, wiping the sweat from my forehead.

Mr. Aizawa was right. This camp is hell. Our class was currently working on training our quirks, everyone being pushed to their limits.

I was currently tasked with hitting the multiple targets placed on Uraraka. She was strengthening her quirk by using it to make herself float. They had given her a hamster ball looking thing while she was in the air, placing various targets on the thing. I was supposed to produce as many needles as possible, and try and hit the moving targets.