Telling The Secret

Ashley's POV

Seeing them right here in front of me, is making me really nervous. But, I am going to tell them. I just need to calm down. They are just the first humans to discover that I can understand dragons. Nothing much. Did u feel the sarcasm?

"Okay. So, have something to tell you. But I ask that you stay calm, okay?" I ask the riders and they nod. Toothless sits next to Hiccup and smiles at me, encouraging me to continue. Stormfly walks to Astrid and turns her head slightly, to look at me better and nod.

"Whatever it is that you want to say to us, you can. We are not going to judge you or do anything bad. We promise." Astrid says smiling, which makes me smile at her too.

"Okay. Remember when we were at the clearing and you said that it was like I could understand what the dragons were saying?" I start saying while looking down a bit and playing with my fingers.

"Yeah, you said it was because you grew up around them." Hiccup says.

"Well, that is true, but that's not the whole truth. I did grow up around dragons, and because of that, I can understand what they say. When my dragons were threatening Stormfly, they were trying to protect me and Stormfly was doing the same for Astrid. I told them to stand down and they did. That is why Stormfly calmed down after I talked to her and why Toothless didn't attack me." I take a deep breath after finishing and I look at them to see their eyes wide.

"You can actually understand dragon? Like, you know what they are saying?" Astrid asks shocked, and I just nod. She smiles and laughs. "That is so cool!"

"You really think so?" I say a bit shy.

"Hum, yeah! I would give anything to understand Stormfly!" She saying happily.

"Oh, I'm so glad that you guys are okay with this! I mean, you are okay with this, right Hiccup?" I ask him seeing that he didn't say anything.

"Y-yeah, sure. I'm just processing. Can you show us?" he asks and I can see that he has his doubts about it.

"Do you mean if I can prove it!" I reply and I see him open his mouth but closing it right after that. "Yeah sure. No problem. Hum... Okay. I will turn around and close my eyes. Astrid, can you stand in front of me so you know my eyes are closed?" I ask her while turning around.

"Sure. What are you going to do?" She says while walking towards me and standing in front of me.

"Hiccup, you will hold any number of fingers up, without saying anything. Then the one of you dragons is going to tell me how many. You choose the dragon." I say and close my eyes.

"Hum, Stormfly." He says and I hear her walk to stay next to me and be able to see him. "Ready?" he asks

"Always, Astrid?" I reply and ask her to see if she is also ready.

"Yes, whenever you want, Hiccup" She says and I take a deep breath. I don't even know why I'm nervous. I'm just listening to dragons like I did my whole life.

"Seven." Stormfly says happily, I guess she is happy to help.

"Seven" I repeat.

"Four", she says again.

"Four" I say and relax. This is fine, I really don't know why I was nervous.

"He did six then five and then gave up." She says and laughs a bit.

"She said that you did six, then five and then that you gave up." I say and chuckle. I turn around and see him smiling surprised.

"That's awesome." He says and I laugh.

"I'm really glad that you guys liked it. You two are the first humans to find out about this." I tell them and we smile.

"And I'm glad that you decided to tell us." Astrid says taking a step towards me.

"Can I ask something?" I ask them and they nod in agreement. "What made you trust me? I mean, you didn't bring any weapons or anything."

"I was a bit concerned at first, but Astrid was chill about it, and that made me relax." Hiccup admits, making me turn to Astrid with a confused face.

"Stormfly trusted you. Besides me, Hiccup was the only one that could calm her down. But then you showed up and calmed her in seconds. She trusted you and because of that, I knew that I could too. Besides, you seem really bad ass and I wanted to meet you." She says making me smile at her.

"I think we could be really good friends" I tell her smiling.

"Me too!" She replies smiling too.

{} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {}

Sorry for the long period without posting. I kinda forgot about this story and then I didn't know what to write. I'm sorry if it's not too good but, like I said, I'm kinda out of ideas.