22

We have stopped running, now looking around for Roma as we scan the forest, my tears have dried. Jasper is the one rubbing my back a couple of times to calm me down completely.

"There she is." Monroe says. "Roma!" She whisper-yells. Bellamy is the one to walk up to her first, seeing the spear through her body.

"They're playing with us." Finn says, looking around frantically. I grab onto my machete, trying to keep the bullets for something better. The sound would only attract more Grounders and we can't have that. "They can kill us whenever they want."

"Then they should. Get it over with!" I hold my hand over Jasper's mouth cutting him off quickly before the Grounders really kill us.

"Are you crazy? I promised Monty I'd come back alive and in one piece you dumbass." I tell him, my voice soft as to not drag much more attention to us. I let go of his mouth. More Grounders coming our way from every angle, we prepare to fight until a horn interrupts their run.

"They're leaving." Bellamy says, watching them run away. I frown, why would they?

"That horn. What does that mean?" Jasper asks. I shrug, having absolutely no clue.

"Acid fog." Finn mumbles, taking his tent out and opening it in one go. We wait for some time, all pushed together like a can of sardines.

"How long are we supposed to wait." Jasper asks.

"Will this even work?" Monroe asks.

"We'll find out." Finn replies.

"No we won't." Bellamy gets out. "There's no fog."

"Then why did the horn sound?" I ask, getting up as well.

"They're coming back." Bellamy says, pointing at one Grounder running through the forest, not paying us attention.

"I think he's alone." Jasper whispers. The sun had started to go down, the darkness not really helping our situation.

"Now can we run?"

"He doesn't see us. I'm going after him." Bellamy says.

"Right now? And then what?" Finn asks. "Kill him?"

"No. Catch him. Make him tell me where Octavia is, then kill him."

"What happens if he doesn't know? Or if it's another trap?" I ask, following him.

"I'm prepared to take that risk." I stay next to him, making sure we won't get spotted by the Grounder running ahead of us. He stops me when the Grounder turns around, grabbing ahold of my hand so I won't run further.

"I'm sorry." He says softly, taking away his hand. I shake my head.

"Whatever." I say before continuing to follow the Grounder. We watch him enter a cave and quickly follow inside. It's deeper than I expected and very dark too. Bellamy goes first, turning a corner.

"Bellamy?"

"Octavia." I turn the corner too, watching the two siblings hug each other. He helps her take off those chains. "Monroe guard the entrance." Bellamy tells the other girl. Octavia now hugs me, I hold her.

"Thank you for coming."

"I wouldn't let my best friend die, now would I?" She pulls back and looks at me with wide eyes.

"I've never had a best friend."

"Surprise, now you have one." Octavia smiles, nodding her head. She runs to Jasper and hugs him now.

"How did you find me?"

"Followed him." Jasper says.

"We should go, now." Octavia states. "Before he wakes up."

"He's not gonna wake up." Bellamy says, taking the gun out of my pocket and pointing it at the Grounder.

"Bellamy stop!" Octavia begs. "He didn't hurt me. Let's just go."

"They started this, Finn. Move." I take the gun back from Bellamy and return it to my pocket, I hand him a stick instead.

Finn inspects the Grounder who's passed out on the ground. In one quick motion, a knife is planted in his side. Bellamy fights the grounder, I pick up another stick helping him. Bellamy is now under the Grounder, the point of a stick very close to his throat.

I lift mine, trying to hit him but the Grounder stops me, making me fall back and my head hitting the stone. It's eventually Jasper who knocks him out again. I groan, lifting my hand to the back of my head. To my surprise it's Bellamy sitting next to me and inspecting the wound as best as he can in the dark.

"You're bleeding, this can't be good." He mumbles. "Octavia, how is Finn?"

"Bloody." She replies. Bellamy nods, helping me up from the ground.

"I do care about you." He whispers before heading to Finn and lifting him up. Octavia holds me up, looking at me.

"No!" I scream as Jasper has his hand on the knife. "Don't pull it out, it's a medical precedure, never take out a knife." He nods, taking his hand away from the weapon in Finn's side and helping me up with Octavia.

"Jeez, are you okay?" I nod, feeling the headache already forming. We move back to camp, Jasper already screaming for Clarke.

We enter first, I'm being held up by Jasper and Octavia. Clarke runs up to us, she looks at my head.

"No, it's Finn. He's worse." I tell her. Bellamy walks in with Finn in his arms, the knife still present in his ribcage. I stand leaning against Octavia, my head feeling like it's gonna fall off.

"Malin!" I hear familiar screams. "Malin!" Monty hugs me, I rest my weak body against him, hissing when his hand brushes my head. He looks at the blood on his fingers. "One piece." He says.

"Hey, see it from the bright side, it could've been worse." I tell him. He shakes his head, not in the mood for jokes. Monty brings me to the dropship where Clarke is. Finn lays on on the table. with Clarke not being able to do anything without her mom, she turns to me.

"So, what happened out there?"

"We lost four people." Monty sigh next to me as Clarke inspects the wound. "We got to the cave where the Grounder kept Octavia, he was unconcious so Finn inspected him, then he suddenly rose, surprised us all. He tried to kill Bellamy, when I tried to help, he got me falling backwards, my head hitting the stupid stones."

"Wait, you tried to help Bellamy?" Monty asks, confused.

"Don't worry, I haven't forgiven him, just went with the moment." He nods. Clarke is done with me and smiles.

"You need rest, lay down on the top floor." I nod, getting up with Monty's help. We arrive at the top layer of the dropship, rain falling down on it.

"How come I always end up taking care of you one way or another?" Monty asks, tucking me in in blankets.

"Because I'm reckless and stupid?" He nods.

"As long as you know it yourself." I laugh, looking up at him.

"You know, I will never stop getting hurt as long as I have amazing and caring friends." He chuckles.

"And Jasper and I will never stop taking care of you whenever your hurt so I guess we're in it for the long run." I smile.

"I guess we are."