29

"Malin, you're coming with us." Bellamy says, walking up to me and handing me a better gun than the revolver I keep with me.

"Why?"

"Finn is being an idiot." I stare at him, I had talked to Finn about an hour ago, everything seemed fine with him back then. "He's going to make peace with the Grounders and I don't trust them."

"Wait, he's actually going to try and talk to the Grounders?" Bellamy nods, I take the gun and sigh. "Idiot." He smiles and makes me as I follow him. I pass Monty who frowns at me. "Don't worry, I'll be safe."

"You've said that so many times already, I don't know what to believe anymore." Maybe he's right but if being safe means staying here everyday then I rather be in danger.

"I promise."

"Alive and in one piece?" He asks, holding his hand out. I shake it.

"Alive and in one piece." He hugs me before I follow Bellamy, Jasper and Raven outside of camp. The darkness overwhelms me for a moment, remembering how dark the forest can be at night. I decide to ignore the bit of fear and continue my walk.

Bellamy is the one leading us, picking up a trail of jobi nuts that Clarke had left behind so we could easily follow from a while away.

"At least they're good for something." Bellamy mutters, referring to those stupid nuts.

"Sorry for bringing up Clarke. Awkward." Jasper says behind me.

"Shut up." Raven replies, sighing.

"Both of you shut up." Bellamy adds. "Keep your eyes open." The three of us look at each other and then just continue. The walk is taking pretty long, the sun is already up when we arrive at the bridge, we stand behind the bushes on the ground while Clarke, Finn and Octavia are on the bridge.

"What's Octavia doing here?" Jasper asks, watching as Octavia hugs Lincoln who runs up to them.

"I guess we know how he got away." Raven says, I place my hand on Jasper's shoulder and sigh.

"Well, she wasn't the only one helping him escape." I mutter but Bellamy has heard me and looks at me.

"It was you, wasn't it?" I shrug. "Why would you do that?"

"Because we aren't animals, Bellamy. It wasn't my idea I just stood there, what Octavia wants she gets, doesn't matter how." This seems to shut him up. We watch as Finn takes Clarke's hand. "Well, a lot of heartbreaks today."

"I'm not heartbroken if that is what you want to say." Raven says, not leaving her eye from Finn and Clarke.

"Of course you ain't."

"Can you shut up?" Bellamy hisses, pointing his gun the moment we hear horse tripple. I look up, pointing my gun as well and watching the other side of the bridge.

"Wait. Look." Raven says, pointing at it. Two black horses with fully armored people stop and a third brown horse with a woman stops between them. I smile, I loved to learn about horses since I was younger.

"Hey, we said no weapons." Finn screams, running up to Lincoln and Octavia with Clarke behind him. We can't hear what else they're saying but it's clear that Clarke walks up to the other side. I point my gun, keeping an eye out when the woman hops off her horse. They walk up to each other and meet in the middle.

"Your name is Clarke?" The woman asks, we see Clarke nod. "I'm Anya." I try to listen as best as I can, hoping to catch everything.

"I think we got off to a rough start. But we wanna find a way to live together." Clarke replies. "In peace."

"I understand." Anya replies. "You started a war that you don't know how to end."

"What? No, we didn't start anything. You attacked us for no reason."

"No reason?" I keep my fingers on the trigger. "The missiles you launched burned a village to the ground."

"The flares?" Clarke asks. "No, that was a signal. Meant for our families. We had no idea---"

"You're invaders. Your ship landed in our territory."

"We didn't know anyone was here." Clarke defends. "We thought the ground was uninhabited."

"You knew we were here when you send an armed raiding party to capture one of us and torture him." I swallow. "These are all acts of war."

"I see your point." Clarke says. "That's why we need to put an end to all of this." They start talking softer, I can only hear some words. I look at Jasper who shakes his head slowly, telling me he can't hear anything anymore either.

"Grounder princess looks pissed." Raven says.

"Our princess has that effect." Bellamy replies, I raise my brow, not realizing he was defending her so much. I get nudged in my side by Jasper who nods towards the trees on the other side, I lift my gun, looking at them. Nothing.

"This is bad." He says. "There's Grounders in the trees." My eyes fall upon one, locking my gun and watching him take out an arrow.

"I see them too." I assure them, not looking away.

"I don't see anything." Bellamy says.

"They're gonna shoot. Clarke run!" Jasper screams, firing his gun and hitting one, I fire too, hitting two more out of the trees. Jasper continues, being able to hit at least four more.

"Go, go!" Raven screams. Everyone retreats, running away and back into the forest. We make our way through, getting as far away as possible. It's already dark when we stop in front of camp, taking our breaths.

"You got something to say?" Bellamy asks Finn.

"I told you, no guns."

"I told you we couldn't trust the Grounders." Clarke replies. "I was right."

"Why didn't you tell me what you were up to?" Raven asks her boyfriend.

"I tried, you were busy with the guns."

"You're lucky she brought that." Bellamy cuts him off. "They came there to kill you."

"You don't know that." Finn replies. "Jasper fired the first shot."

"And good he did or else Clarke wouldn't have been here anymore." I tell him, glaring holes into his head.

"You ruined everything." Octavia tells Jasper. Oh no.

"I saved you." Jasper screams as Octavia walks away. "You're welcome." Jasper goes to camp too.

"Jasper, wait." I say, following him inside as well. I follow him all the way into the tent, Monty sits up, smiling at us but its quickly fading away as he sees us. "She didn't mean that-"

"Really?" Jasper asks, turning to face me. "She seemed to be really meaning it when she hugged him so lovely!" I stop, staring at him as he is done screaming.

"Calm down." I tell him.

"So much for saving her life." He says, his voice hurt. I hug him, rubbing his back as he sobs on my shoulder. I can already imagine Monty's confused face without seeing it.

"You deserve better." I whisper, letting go of him.

"Thank you." I frown, shaking my head, silently asking him for what. "Thanks for being my friend and letting me use your shoulder as a tissue."

"Ah, iew." I groan, looking at the ground. "You're good."

"Are you going to tell me what happened?" Monty asks, Jasper and I laugh softly, I go over to him and sit down, starting to explain.