28

It's Unity Day, I stand next to Raven in front of the screen she and Monty have made so we can see the Ark and whatever is broadcasted out there.

"...But this is the last time we do so while aboard her. Next year, on the ground." Jaha explains, people clap on his side, but we're stunned to say the least. Miller speaks up.

"Right. After we did all the work." He points at everyone here. "Someone shut him up."

"You shut up, Miller. No one's forcing you to watch." Raven replies. I can't believe he used to be one of my friends, we haven't talked since we landed but he didn't do much when I got hanged. So, for now, I keep my distance.

"For 97 years, we have eked out an existence hoping that someday our descendants will return to Earth." Jaha carries on. "The first Exodus ship will launch in under 60 hours." I see Raven who watches Clarke and Finn who's back on his feet.

"Hey, are you okay?" I ask, putting a hand on her shoulder. She nods, turning to face me.

"Did you know about them?" I look at Finn and Clarke.

"I knew something was up but I don't really get myself in other people's business. What happened?" She shrugs, turning back to face the monitor.

"She screwed my boyfriend." I raise an eyebrow. "What if you had a boyfriend that came to Earth and you were up there and in the first ten days someone else..."

"I wouldn't be mad at the girl." I tell her. "Finn didn't tell anyone about you, if anything I would be mad at him."

"Whoo! Yeah! Monty strikes again!" Jasper screams, the goggles in front of his eyes while carrying a container full of moonshine. "I call this batch Unity Juice! Who's thirsty?"

"Seriously?" I ask Monty who's next to me. He shrugs and hands me a cup with the liquid in it. I take it and drink it in one go. My eyes find Octavia in the crowd, she runs away, sneaking off to who knows where.

I make eye contact with Finn who must've seen her too. Monty had walked up to Jasper so I make my way over to him. Finn looks at the screen and so do I.

"To our sons and daughters on Earth watching this message. We will see you soon. The first Exodus ship will launch under 60 hours carrying the reinforcements that you need. Stay strong. Help is on the way."

"Yeah after throwing us into the wild for about two weeks and a half." I say, scoffing. Finn smiles at me cheekily and I don't take that as a very good sign.

"What? Don't you want to see your dad again?" He asks.

"Of course, it's just." I sigh. "I wish we got more recognition, ten of us have died, most of us have gotten injured. They will never talk about that." Finn nods, putting his hands in the pockets in his jacket.

"You're right about that."

A little girl starts talking about Unity Day, explaining in purest fashion how the Ark came together while not telling the entire story. The Council really loves to lie.

"When all the Stations were joined, they called themselves---" BOOM. Finn and I look at the screen that cuts off. We call over Raven, but it seems as if something happened on the other side. Nothing we can do from here.

***

Night had fallen, a campfire was made and people chatted happily around but I couldn't find the rest. My thoughts were on the Ark and what had happened. Jasper came over, sitting down next to me.

"Still thinking about the Ark?" I nod, looking at him and forcing a small smile. "Everything will be okay, don't worry about it. A signal will come soon."

"Of course, you know what to say in every situation." He hands me another cup of moonshine. I raise my brow, this must be the fourth that was given to me.

"I promise you'll feel a lot better after this one."

"I don't even know if I want to be drunk." I say but still manage to drink it.

"I'm gonna check on Monty." Jasper says, watching the boy walk around drunkily. I nod, looking around. I see Bellamy, I don't know if it's because of the drinks or because I just want to but I walk up to him.

"Hey." I say softly, he frowns, looking at me. "I thought since it's Unity Day, I'd come and talk to you." He nods, turning to me.

"Than I think it's a good moment to legitemently apologize for everything." I smile, shaking my head. "I really do, I'm sorry for kicking the boxes, I'm sorry for not protecting you."

"I shouldn't need protection." I reply, not facing him.

"You should. You're sixteen, you should need someone to tell you whenever you're going too far and I wasn't there." He tells me. "I'm sorry."

"That's all right, you're lucky it's Unity Day, tomorrow I'll be avoiding you again." He laughs, nodding his head at me.

"As long as you stay away from trouble I'm okay with that."

"Why do you care so much? I'm not Octavia."

"I know that." Bellamy replies, looking down for a moment. "Honestly, you remind me of her. Reckless, curious, often times stupid." I poke his side, making him chuckle lightly. "Maybe it's because we have some stuff in common, I don't know."

He's right, we both don't have our mother, we both came down to Earth to protect someone we love and we try to do the best for everyone. But there's also many differences. I for one, am way chiller and less stressed.

"Maybe I like stressing myself out for more people than just my little sister. Please just, stay out of trouble."

"I will try but I can't promise anything."

***

Everyone continued to party, I get pulled away from some random people I was tallking to by Finn. He drags me to somewhere no one can hear and stands in front of me.

"How did you know you could trust him?" He asks, I shake my head trying to figure if I missed something. Finn rolls his eyes. "The Grounder, Lincoln?"

"Why? Did something happen?" I ask relatively calmly.

"No, I met him." He replies. "He was with Octavia and I talked to him, I think we can trust him but how did you know?"

"Because he didn't do anything." Finn frowns, signing for me to go on. "When everything out there happened, I didn't see him. Sure he bumped me against a rock and stabbed you but Bellamy was the first to attack. I saw how his eyes changed whenever Octavia talked to him."

"Do you think we might be able to get peace with the Grounders?" I shrug.

"I don't know but I can't see why not." He smiles nodding. "Anything else?"

"Nope, that's it. Thanks." I nod, patting his shoulder and walking back to the group.