Sugarcoating things is shit for wussy's and a waste of time

"She just confuses me and I fucking hate it, Ben."

Rodrick POV-

Ben had just dropped Aiden off at his house and we were now on the way to my house. 

"What did you need to tell me?" Ben said, concern on his face. I hated it when he pitied me. 

"It's not that bad," I clarify before I start. "Y/N pisses me off."

Ben side-eyes me, trying to keep his eye on the road while also making sure I'm not fucking around. "Like, actually?"

I shrug. "She just confuses me and I fucking hate it, Ben."

"She's got to be the least confusing person we know, man," He replies, shaking his head. He had one hand on the wheel while he took a swig of the room temperature and flat Dr. Pepper that's been in his car two days. "She doesn't sugar coat shit."

I stare out of the window. "Not that kind of confusing." I can feel the confusion from Ben. He raises an eyebrow, asking for me to go on. "Earlier when we were drawing names for the game, I didn't draw Y/N's. I drew yours."

"Man, fuck you. Why didn't you wanna be with me?" I knew the offense in his tone was fake but I'd been asking myself the same question. Except I already knew the answer. The only way to admit it to myself was to admit it to someone else. 

"It's not that I didn't want to be with you. I just didn't want Y/N on Eddie's team," I say the words quickly, hoping maybe he misheard them and I just wouldn't have to repeat what I'd said. 

Confusion contorts his face. "Why? Eddie's dope."

"Ben," I say harshly. "I don't fucking know." A few seconds pass before he turns to me and gives me a shit-eating grin. "What?" He shakes his head, letting the smile slowly fade from his face. "Ben, what?" I don't know why I needed to know what he was going to say. 

"No, nothing," He says. "Nothing, man."

*Sorry for the perspective change and short chapter*