Body odor and loud music is my favorite combination

"It's not her job to wait on you,"

My ears were bleeding by the time the car slowed down at a house. Heavy rock music blared through all the speakers at the highest volume. I'm not complaining, exactly. I'm just mildly upset that I can't hear well. 

"Here we are," Aiden jumped out of the driver's seat and Ben got out of the passenger. Cliff and I climbed out as well, all slamming the doors shut at different times. 

As the boys got their guitars and amps out of the car, I stared at the suburban house. It had brick stairs that lead to a white house with a red door. 

"This way," Ben motioned, his arms dragging down with the weight of the amps. 

I grabbed one from him to help and he thanked me. We walked around the side of the house until we reached a side door. I tried peeking into the foggy door window but I couldn't see anything. 

Aiden pushes the door open, revealing some kind of extra workspace. It wasn't really a garage since carpet lined the floor but it lead to the house just like a garage would. It wasn't really a basement either since large windows were everywhere. The combination between the windows covered with tiny curtains and Christmas lights that were strung by the ceiling provided just enough light. 

I set the amps down and stared at the red drumset. A bedsheet hung above it with the words 'Loded Diper' painted on it. 

"Guess Rodrick's not here yet," Ben remarked, motioning to the empty drumset. As if on cue, blaring music could be heard down the road. A smile appeared on Ben's lips. "Nevermind."

"Who's house is this?" I ask, looking around the room, trying to take everything in. 

"Rodricks," Ben says.

"Does he know two random people are in his house?" I laugh a little. 

Ben nods. "Yeah. He knows we brought some friends." I nod and move out of the way so that they can finish hooking up their chords and mics. 

The door handle that we came in twists before it opens. My eyes widen as I realize that Rodrick is Heffley and Heffley is the dude in my history class who worked at that store. 

Rodrick looks at me. "Ben, you didn't tell me you were bringing chicks," He says teasingly. 

Ben rolls his eyes. "I wish," He laughs. "Nah, she's his sister. This is Cliff." I shrug off the comment from Ben, trying not to think too much about it. "That's Y/N. She's a junior, like us, but he's a Senior." 

Rodrick, still not a totally normal thing to name your kid, walks over to the drumset. Before he sits down, he grabs some sticks and twirls them between his fingers with silver rings scattered amongst them. 

I look away when I find myself staring. 

Cliff sits next to me and shoots me a questioning look but I play it off. The three dudes start off the song to Rodricks time. I wasn't sure if it was a cover of a song or not but it was good. The second they started screaming 'exploded diaper' I knew it was original. To be honest, it wasn't bad.

My eyes drifted back to the drummer and I watched as he closed his eyes and got into the feel of the beat. He sticks his tongue between his lips in concentration. 

The music stops abruptly. I rip my eyes away and look where everyone else had begun looking. The door to the house was open and a woman with brown hair and glasses was standing at the top of the stairs. 

"I brought snacks," She walks down the stairs carrying a tray of grapes and pretzels. She sets the food down at a table before she looks at me, then at Rodrick. "Rodrick, you didn't tell me you had a girl over!"