23 | the letters

"timing is alway right, supposedly

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

"timing is alway right, supposedly."

Messy hair, dried tears on her porcelain skin. The sense of numbness ran through the body and it showed well on the girl's face. Aliya walked down the stair with all the knots in her hair still intact, looking at Anne as she set up the table. The red head slowly walked over in a daze, not knowing if this was truly her reality. Foot steps could be heard coming in the kitchen and Aliya looked over at Marilla, who had a look of concern on her face as she noticed something was wrong.

"Aliya? Are you-" The woman began to questioned, walking the plate of scones to the table.

"Why would he ask me... so late? So sudden?" Aliya asked herself, before starting to help her sister set up the table. "But he did. In spite of... her perfection, and- and his passion to make an indelible mark on medicine and humanity!" Anne looked over at the girl, now realizing what she was saying and formed a smirk on her face as she continued to listen to her sister speak. "And I was... so, so surprised and- and- and how could he have expected me to know in that moment that.. I love him." Aliya sat down in her seat and looked down at her hands that we placed on her lap. Marilla looked over at Anne in confusion.

"She's in love with Gilbert Blythe." The girl informed her, causing the older woman to gasp and pay her focus back on the miserable red head.

"Are you quite sure it's love?" Marilla asked, wanting to make sure she was understanding on what was going on.

"Yes. But it doesn't matter, because it's too late." Aliya replied, before a tear slipped from her eye.

"How do you know it's too late?" The woman asked another.

"Well, his... Winifred... is a lovely girl. She's such much more than I can offer, so I can only assume-"

"So you don't know, not for certain." Marilla interrupted her, not wanting to her talk down on herself.

"I told him to marry her..." Aliya finished, letting go of some of the tears she's was holding onto. She couldn't form any other words as she was beginning to question everything she's done. The woman noticed, along with Anne, and they both sat down beside her.

"Listen to me very carefully, Aliya." Marilla said sternly, causing both girl's to look at her. "Do not make the same mistake I did. Go to him. Tell him. Right now." The girl glanced over her sister quickly and the girl gave her a nod. Aliya stood up from her seat and began to walk to the door, with a new sense of confidence.

Aliya knocked on the front door of the Blythe residence and when it opened, she was surpsied to see a woman who looked as if she could be Bash's mother. Not to her shocking, it was. They both introduced each other and Mrs. Lacroix allowed her into the house. The girl noticed Gilbert wasn't home and was sort of stressed out about the fact he wasn't. She began to think of other ways that she could tell him her true feelings and that's when the idea hit her: a letter. A letter of confession is quite romantical, at least the girl thought so. Aliya quickly found a piece of paper and a pen then sat down at the dining table. She started thinking of what she could write when she heard the front door open and close, presenting a sweaty Bash.

dark sunshine | GILBERT BLYTHE |जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें