06 | comfort is what he needs

"i'm here if you ever need anything

"i'm here if you ever need anything."

Aliya decided to go back to school today. Ruby's house was rebuilt, Anne had Diana begging for her sister to come back, and, supposedly, Gilbert asked Anne about her. So, she thought it was finally time for her return and start fresh. As she was lacing up her boots, her younger sister ran into her room in excitement.

"I'm so happy you're coming back. Ruby misses being around you. I think she's grown a liking of you. Now, hurry up! We're going to be late!" Anne exclaimed before running out of the room. This caused Aliya to chuckle and hurriedly brushed through her hair. She looked at herself in the mirror and chose to put two braids in her fiery red fluff. Although the last time she wore her hair like this, it didn't end well, she liked doing something different with it at times. After lacing hair hair perfectly, she looked around for her copy of Little Women and walked out of her bedroom.

When she made it to the bottom of the stairs, the girl saw Marilla in the kitchen doing dishes and on the counter behind her was scones and a mug with steam coming out of it. Aliya walked over and grabbed a few of scones to place in her lunch bag.

"Good morning, Aliya. I made you a cup of tea before you were off and also, Gilbert stopped by yesterday to drop off some apples. Please consider taking one with you." The mother figured said. The girl looked at the basket of apples and decided to put a couple in her bag as well. She hurriedly chugged down her tea and went over to grab her slate to wrap her book in it, before heading off with school with Anne.

The whole walk to the school, the younger girl kept talking about how excited and thrilled she was that her older sister was returning. Aliya had anxiety filling her up, but she chose to ignore it and focus on the positive for the day. Once the school was in eye sight, Anne ran straight to the door and entered the building. Aliya froze in her place. Her anxiety was on full blast and questioning if she would walk through those doors. What if Andrews makes some smart comments about her appearance again? What if Josie finds out Gilbert stopped at Green Gables yesterday?The girl snapped herself out of her thoughts and walked toward the double doors.

She took a deep breath and slowly turned the knob. As she walked in, no one noticed she was there. Relief washed over her, until the door slammed behind her. Everyone in there groups looked over at her. Aliya's face turned as red as her hair and waited for all the students to confront her. Instead, Ruby and Diana ran towards the girl to pull her in to a hug.

"I'm so happy you're back. We've missed you!" Ruby cheered as she was backing away from the strong embrace. Aliya hadn't noticed, but Gilbert was looking at her, admiration in his eyes. Was the boy catching feelings for the girl? He wasn't sure, but he chose to ignore. As Ruby and Diana backed away from the girl, Mr. Phillips had walked in the classroom and headed towards Gilbert, whispering something in his ear. The boy's eyes widened and hurriedly ran out of the school house, leaving all of his belongs. This action left the red-headed girl confused and very concerned.