22 | the question is who

"the fire light brightened

"the fire light brightened."

As Aliya and Anne walked their way to school, the younger sibling could not stop talking about the demonstration they acted out a week before. It was the first time she did something as crazy as that and she was happy to be apart of it. Aliya smiled over at the her once in a while, just enjoying her sister ramble about the impact they had created for the community. The red head knew that the Board couldn't dismiss this action, considering the students ruined the meeting they were in. The acre, where the school was right around, had a few trees and when the two passed them, there was no building to be seen. There, laying on the ground, was a pile of rubble and ashes.

"What the hell?" Aliya asked herself, walking toward the blacken parts on the grass. Anne gasped when she saw the sight in front of her. The pieces were still smoking, meaning that this event didn't happen long ago. The girls stood there in disbelief, not knowing if what they were seeing was true or if their brain was playing games with them.Aliya heard Miss. Stacy's motor bike coming towards them, but didn't bother to look over at the woman, still in shock to see her safe place destroyed. Muriel walked over to the girl, observing the rubble.

"My... heavens." Was all the teacher could speak out. She'd never seen anything like this before.

"How could..." Aliya started to say, glancing over to the woman next to her. She didn't finish her statement. The disappointment in her body couldn't bare to have her speak another word. Miss. Stacy walked away from her, going around the pile and looking at the items that were still noticable.

"The bell... Stove." Students started coming up to the scene, also shocked to see the sight in front of them. "No printing-press metal." Aliya looked over at Muriel, knowing what she was hinting. Gilbert walked up beside the girl, looking down at everything.

"A printing press doesn't just up and walk away by itself." He said, glancing over at the teacher. The students walked around the burnt down structure, asking questions and talking amongest themselves. No one could believe that this happened, especially after everything they worked on and fought against.

"Who could have-" Moody began to ask, but was intruppted by a speicific red head who broken from this sight.

"Ask whoever took the prnting press, because it's not here." Aliya answered, having no time to listen to anymore questions to be asked. But, all her classmates notice the press was not in the rubble and didn't want to think that someone was that ill minded to take it and burn down the school.

"They can't get away with this. We have to do something!" Moody exclaimed, looking over at the classmates that were standing next to him.

"We did do something, and this was the result!" Tilly said, with a small amount of anger in her voice. Aliya looked down at her feet, knowing that she caused all these issues and could never keep her mouth shut.