10 | acts of idiocracy

"sometimes, a lesson must be learned

"sometimes, a lesson must be learned."

Aliya woke up this morning, not knowing she fell asleep. No one bothered to wake her up and when she looked outside, she saw that sun the had already risen and that the day has begun. She heard russeling coming from outside her bedroom door, so she quickly put on her work dress and put her hair in a bun. She walked towards the door and heard two people talking, so she decided to eavesdrop.

"Mm, no. I was never much of a drinker. Perhaps it's Mr. Dunlop's?" Nate stated while holding a alcohol canaster. Aliya opened the door and walked out of her room to interrupted the conversation, seeing the man and Marilla standing there.

"No, it's his, Marilla. I saw him drink out of it in the barn the other night while smoking a cigarette." She said while looking at Marilla then panned her focus over to Nate. "Don't lie to her like that. She hates liars." The girl finished and walked away to get something to eat from down stairs. She saw Mr. Dunlop cooking up something in his usual, cheery mood, and handed her muffin that he made earlier that day. She smiled at the man and decided to talk to him about what she heard. "Can I speak with you on a walk outside?" She asked him. He nodded and followed her lead, heading toward the trails near the house.

"What did you want to talk to me about, Aliya?" He asked the girl, confused.

"I know what's been going on with you and Nate. The fools gold, the arguing, lying. I know everything." When she glanced up at the man, he was terrified. He didn't know how she found out so soon. "But, don't worry. I've actually taken a liking of you and thought maybe I could help you stay her in Avonlea. However, you have to do everything that I say, okay?" The girl stated. The man happily agreed and listened carefully to her plan.

Anne went into town Diana's family and left her sister at home to do all the household chores around Nate. Just knowing he was in the house made the girl sick to her stomach. Pushing those feelings to the side, she did the dishes, swept the floors, cleaned her room, and help Mr. Dunlop pack up some of the goods he's cooked this morning. Once that was all done, it was about 5 o'clock in the evening and she decided to check on Jerry in the barn.

When she reached the big wooden doors, she heard talking inside, so instead of going in, she stayed outside and listen in on the conversation. It seems to be Jerry and a very drunk Nate.

"And there you go, hm? Drink up. It'll make the work go faster." Nate said.

"No, thank you." Jerry replied, with a scared tone in his voice. Aliya wasn't going in quite yet. She was waiting to see if the man would hurt the boy before stepping foot into the structure.