25| the love that conquered all

"the darkness had her sunshine returned

"the darkness had her sunshine returned."

Breeze hitting her soft light skin, running it's way through her blonde hair. The carriage ride to the new living arrangements was peaceful. No speaking occurred and the only sound that could be heard was the singing of the birds that flied above in the sky. The bright light shining through the tree branches strike her eye causing them to glisten. Her new surroundings made her smile to herself, knowing that there'll be new adventures awaiting for her. Once she focused on what was in front of her, she saw the old, modern house that she'll be staying at while she attends the university. The horse stopped a few feet from the porch and the driver hopped out to retrieve her trunk. Aliya took a step down and laid her feet amongst the grassy path in front of the house. She gazed at the beauty of it, as she begins to think of all the possible new memories she could create here. The driver placed the blonde's trunk next to her and stated his farewells before leaving. The girl watched as he drove away from her, out into the distance. She turned back toward the house and picked up her trunk. One step at a time, she inched closer to the building, a little nervous about staying there. Once at the door, she slowly raised her clenched hand to knock, but was startled to see an older woman quickly open it.

"Hello, you must be Aliya. I'm Mrs. Consel and welcome to my home. I was informed that you'll be the only student staying with me. May you go place your belongings in your room and I'll go over the house rules when you return down stairs." The woman stated, moving out of the blonde girl's way so she may enter. The first step into the building, Aliya was amazed to see the minimalistic decor that was placed around. Plants placed around the parlor, a small chandler hanging above the sofa couch in the family room. The home seemed quite fitting for the older woman, from what she can tell at least. As she kept gazing around inside, seeing what were in the different rooms, she noticed one that was filled with books. It was as if it was an at home library. Aliya knew she would be in there quite often. Once she spotted the staircase, she walked up each step. At the top, she saw four different doors. She assumed they were the different bedrooms in the building and decided to take the last one on the right. The blonde placed her hand on the knob and slowly turned it. Pushing it forward and seeing the bright light enter her eyes, she was amazed by the sight in front of her.

"Holy hell." Aliya mumbled to herself as she walked in. There was her own personal desk, bookshelf, wardrobe, vanity, and a bed that was two times larger than the one she had at home. She placed her trunk at the end of the bed and began to unpack so she didn't have to do it later. Putting her books onto the shelf, while making a note that she must go to a bookstore and buy some more. Hanging up all her dresses and putting her shoes in the warbdore. Then adding her own twist to her with the decor she brought from Green Gables. It didn't take her long to get settled in. After a few minutes of looking around and being pleased with how she set up, she decided to head downstairs and talk to Mrs. Consel about the rules.

Gilbert arrived to Toronto later that evening, being held back by the conversation he had with Anne earlier that day. Standing in front of the place Bash allowed him to rent out so he didn't have to live with anyone, he was eager to find Aliya before school officially started. He unlocked the front door and walking into the house, looking around at the small accommodations. It was dark inside, sort of empty. He sighed and continued on while he looked for his new room. At the end of the hall from the dining room, he found it and opened the door. He walked over to the end of the bed and placed his trunk on the floor. The boy then walked over to the night stand and turned on the lamp and looked around.