Chapter 3 - The Phone Call

In my bedroom, I can't do anything while I'm stuck with homework. Algebra is the worst math for me.

So I turn on my platinum boom box. I got 4-Town music playing. It's singing 1 True Love. That got me motivated to keep me from procrastinating. I hummed myself for the song. Of course, I can still imagine me being with Aaron T. I grabbed myself another notebook. The shamrock green one. The bright blue is my math homework. I completed halfway of my algebra homework. I opened my other notebook.

I have a lot of boys which I do loved. Perhaps I rather watched them than be with them. It's more fun that way to me. I drew doodles of Aaron T mostly. Some doodles of Devon. And more doodles of other boys. Every one of them got anime eyes. I guess my practice on drawing was worth it. I carried on practicing doodling on Aaron T. Yeah, after the boys I saw that are cute. I will always be and will be attracted to Aaron T. Devon is just fine with me. Yes, he was exhausted looking like all the time. Maybe Devon watches his favorite tv shows too late. I don't know. Anyway, my procrastination was gone too quick. I go back on algebra. Uggghhh. I hate math.

By the time I begun the other half of my homework, I heard my home phone rang. I shouted at my bedroom doorway. "I got it, dad! I got it, mom!" I hollered. Before I answered my phone, someone shouts to me. "Okay, make sure it's your dentist, Miriam! It could be an appointment about your braces!" It was my mom who hollers. The phone rang again. I groaned yet acknowledged. "Okay, mom!" I replied in exclamation back. The phone rings the third time before I answer it. I took the phone call. I had my phone on my right ear. "Hello?" I wondered.

I cringed away from my home phone. Someone screams at me in Mandarin. Or was it Japanese? I knew it was Abby. I took a breath. I can hear her asking. "Miriam, are you here?!" She yells at me. Not an angry yell. Most like a worry yell. I go to my home phone. I instructed her with my frown. "Abby, don't shriek at my ear. Calm down. And speak English please." I directed her. I can still hear her going anxious about something. She sighs on my phone. I stayed with her on my phone for awhile. "Miriam, something happened in the Daisy Mart." Abby uttered. That got me wide-eyed. Is she talking about Devon? I shrugged. I was confused. "Abby what the heck is going on over there?" I asked. My friend sounded mad. "My dad witnessed a scene from Mei's mom. In the Daisy Mart, she accused Devon of taking advantage on Mei." Abby replied.

WHAT?! Mei wasn't really into boys. How can Mei's mom think Devon was liking Mei? He hasn't even met her in person. How the heck? I have to know more. "How did that happen, Abby?" I wondered. I can hear her breathing in unease. "Miriam, Mei's mom ranted at him. He knows nothing of her daughter. That stupid Tyler played pigeon stool on Mei. Her mom reveals the drawings that appeared to be Devon. Right in front of the poor guy." Abby clarifies. I perturbed. Unbelievable. Now the jerk is going to tell the whole middle school about it. I'm really concerned of Mei. Did my friend in Chinatown really draws about Devon? She calls him a hobo. What in Toronto?! I sighed. I can't believe I have to tell Abby about tomorrow. There's no turning back on it. "Abby, get Priya near the bulletin board at school tomorrow. And when we see Mei, we have to act natural. Anything weird about her, we are going to have a talk with her." I added, declaring. I am still worried about Mei. "Are you okay with me?" I asked her. Abby sounds certain about herself. "I don't mind, Miriam. We do loved our friend." She added, replying. "You see her at school in the morning?" Abby wonders. I nodded my head twice. I smiled a bit. Yet, I am not sure of Mei. "Yeah, Abby." I answered.

She speaks in Chinese again. Japanese or Hungarian or something? Ugh. I might have to ask her when I see Abby again. I heard her talking in my phone. "See you tomorrow, Mir!" Abby exclaims. I sighed. "See ya, Abby!" I exclaimed. I hung up on my home phone. I perturbed. I can't believe this evening. I discerned a shout from my dad or my mom. I have to ask again. "Sorry?!" I shouted. "Who was that, sweetheart?!" My dad called on me. I took a deep breath. "It's just my friend Abby!" I replied. Then I heard my mom mentioning one thing. "Have you finish your homework yet?!" My mom inquires. I tried to stay cool with her. "Almost!" I answered. My mom had to get me annoyed. "Get it done before bed, Miriam! And remember about your dentist appointment for your braces!" My mom hollered. I groaned more. Uggghhhh. Why?! I took deep breaths again. "Okay, mom!" I shouted. I perturbed a lot more. This is definitely not my night for me.