Chapter 1 - Mei

"Besties, assemble!" Mei exclaimed. She begins to gestures out to her friends. Mei walked in the school halls. "Miriam!" She called. I recognized her summon. I have my mouth full of cheddar chips. I shut my locker. I was so delighted to see her. "Mei!" I exclaimed. We laughed with each other. We bumped our hips at each other. I scrolled down the middle school hallway with her. Mei is the only girl in here who loves math. Algebra is hard as heck. "Priya!" She exclaims to my friend. Priya noticed Mei. Priya puts her favorite book away. "Yo." She said. Priya seems emotionless. She was actually fun once I got to know her better. "Abby!" Mei calls on my another friend. She was having a fit with litterbugs. Abby smiles big. "What's up, Mei?" She asked. Abby posed a peace hand gesture. The four of us wiggles our four fingers at each other. We even make silly lip noises. Mei appears to be our leading group. Somehow, she was born one. We are all enthusiastic for the day.

"Ready to change the world?" Mei asks.

"So ready." I declared.

"I was born to do this." Priya uttered.

"Let's burn this place to the ground!" Abby exclaims. I seriously hope she doesn't mean burn the Pearson Middle School.

—————————————

Mei was unbelievable. She's a good friend. The comments I heard about her. Mildly annoying? Okay maybe Mei can be that way. She just wants to accomplish her classes for what? We're all only thirteen years old. Mei thinks she's already the adult. Is Mei only to be an adult when she's eighteen? I don't know what to tell her. Major weirdo? Huh. I thought I was the weirdo. I go skateboarding. I love beatboxing. Nothing wrong with pop music either. Overachieving dork-narc? Tyler have better take that back what he says about Mei. Perhaps my friend shouldn't take all of her labels seriously. She attempts to shoot a basketball into the hoop. Suddenly, Mei overthrow it. Oh no. Not over the high fence. She ran away from Tyler.

————————————————

Finally, the Pearson Middle School day was over. Mei was the first to get out of school. Me, Abby and Priya followed her. Man, my friend was so fast. "Move, please! Share the sidewalk, people!" She exclaims at everyone. Mei keeps talking about herself. She doesn't seem to care what other folks in middle school thinks. I glimpsed at one convenient store. I realized a cute boy in the Daisy Mart. I have to stop them with my skateboard. Oh my god, it's him again. I effort to alert at my friend. "Mei! Mei-Mei-Mei!" I shouted at her. Oh come on! Is she really living on her own world? I can't take her talking about herself. I snagged her backpack. I was dragging Mei to the place. She doesn't appear happy. "Miriam, geez! What in the world!" Mei exclaims at me. I hold her left arm. I was going bananas of myself. "You got to see someone in the Daisy Mart!" I added. "Just look out from the outside window with us and check him out!" I go exclaiming at her. I kinda was shaking my friend slightly hard. Abby and Priya are excited. Mei expressed confident at first. "All right, Miriam. I won't mind seeing anyone in the stor-" She added. Mei became befuddled. "Him?" She inquires.

————————————————————

The four of us are on commencing to watch one boy in the Daisy Mart. Abby and Priya crawled passed the front door first. I used my skateboard to go by it. Mei was the last one to go crawling steadily. It was a perfect stalk.

I was looking at one guy at the bottom of the window. Priya was on top of me. Abby is over Priya. Mei was on top of Abby. We except Mei are so thrilled of the boy. She doesn't get it. But I do.

"Mmm, Devon." I believed.

He was the only cutest boy in an convenient store. Devon works at the Daisy Mart as a clerk. He looks tired. Maybe Devon worked long shifts. Maybe night shifts? I don't know. Oh he's so awesome in his blue outfit. Devon definitely needs a girlfriend.