Chapter 16 - Chinatown/Karaoke-On

It has been a craziest night for me. Things have happened a lot in the SkyDome.

People still talked about Pandapocalypse 2002. Mei called it Growing Pains.

Mr. Gao seals away the six red pandas into the six jewels.

The five red pandas are sealed away in the five different jewelry.

He was out of small ornaments afterwards.

Mrs. Lee's red panda was the only thing left.

Me, Abby, Priya and Tyler don't have everything else to use for red panda spirits.

I looked down to the ground. I found Mei's pink tamagotchi. This is a second time that my friend lose it. Then, it occurs to me. Maybe Mr. Gao will use Robaire Junior to trap Mrs. Lee's red panda spirit.

He tried my thought.

And it worked!

Mei's pink tamagotchi is now Mrs. Lee's.

And happy for me personally, Mei kept her panda.

————————————————————————-

The day after the 4-Town concert, I almost haven't go to Chinatown to get Mei.

Then, I didn't forget when Mrs. Lee walks to me.

She apologizes for the things she says about the night back at Tyler's.

Mrs. Lee was sorry for me, Abby and Priya.

I made a sad smile at her. And I told her.

Mrs. Lee...It's just one bad night...Things will turn out okay at the end...I know we'll get thru this...And I have...

Mrs. Lee smiled solemnly back at me. I believed we did forgive each other.

So, I waited for my girlfriends to stop by.

I meet with my mom and dad in the kitchen. They are expecting me. Probably my mom and dad just wanted to talk. My mom steps forward to me. My mom was perplexed. "Miriam, what happened at the SkyDome last night?" My mom added, asking. "I heard that there was some ginormous red panda torn down half of the place." My mom mentioned.

I sighed. I was honest. "That GINORMOUS red panda is Mei's mom. She just got angry with Mei's grandmother years ago. It's a long story really." I replied.

My dad acknowledged me. My dad was confident. "I get it, Mir. Your grandmother was the same way. Huh, I kinda did have a fight with her once." My dad confessed.

I was overwhelmed. "Really? About what?" I wondered.

My mom gestures herself. My mom was pitiful. "She was having an argument with your dad for me. Your grandmother thinks I'm odd." My mom mentioned.

It's possibly why Mrs. Lee doesn't like me. Then, I could be wrong. I sighed. I was genuine. "Mom, dad, everyone has bad times...Maybe...for me and my friends in our future references...It's not too late to learn them for the better...Nothing's wrong about change..." I stated. I smiled at them.

My mom and dad became proud of me. They embraced me. I was unanticipated for a moment. Then, I gave them a warm embrace back.

————————————————————————

Hours later, I was walking with my three friends. We are on our way to get Mei in her temple.

Me, Abby, Priya and Tyler made it there. We see Mei having a snapshot with customers as her red panda.

Afterwards, I called to her. She noticed us. We bumped our butts at each other. We wiggled our four fingers at each other. I have to ask her. "Wanna get your karaoke-on with us?" I wondered.

Mei was excited. "Totally!" She replied. Poof! Mei became human. Of course, she got red panda ears and a tail.

Mei positions from her back. She waved at her parents. "Bye, mom! Bye, dad!" Mei exclaimed.

Mrs. Lee gestured her halt hand. "Hold on." She added. Mrs. Lee frowned at her. "You're not going out like that, are you?" She asked.

Mei rolled her eyes at her. She seems annoyed. "My panda, my choice, mom!" Mei answered. Then, she gives her mom a hug. "I'll be back before dinner." Mei mentions. She was happy.

Mrs. Lee accepts her decision. She's starting to trust her slowly. Mrs. Lee detects us. She was nervous yet glad to see us. "Um, you can come on over for dinner if you want." Mrs. Lee insisted.

Me, Abby, Priya and Tyler gasped. They really loved her invitation. I was delighted. "For Mr. Lee's cooking?" I added, wondering. "Uh, yeah!" I replied.

We say our goodbyes for now to Mrs. Lee. Mei waved at her dad. "Thanks for covering for me, dad!" She exclaimed.

He was putting the red panda costume on. "Have fun!" Mr. Lee hollered.

We left Mei's family temple. We are going to Abby's house. I have a karaoke song in my mind to consider.

————————————————————

The music begins from the karaoke machine.

Me, Mei, Abby, Priya and Tyler are holding our own microphone. We are prepared to go singing with our hearts.

I stepped forth. I was thrilled. "And it's gonna be me." I sang. Mei was next to me. "Ooh yeah!" She sung. The five of us are enthusiastic for this song choice.

Abby moves her shoulders. "You might been hurt, babe!" She sang. Tyler shakes his head. "That ain't no lie." He sings. Priya rocks her hips. "You've seen them all come and go, oh." She sung. I go butt-dance around. Then, I bumped into Mei. "I remember you told me." I sang. She laughs with me. Mei was something. "That it made you believe in." She sung. Tyler pranced. "No man, no cry." He sang. Abby gestures to us. "Maybe that's why!" She sung.

Me, Mei, Abby, Priya and Tyler synced our dance movements.

Every little thing I do
Never seems enough for you
You don't want to lose it again
But I'm not like them
Baby, when you finally
Get to love somebody
Guess what
It's gonna be me

We giggled at each other. Then, Mei goes forward. She was ambitious. "There comes a day...When I'll be the one, you'll see..." Mei sang. She walks backwards. Mei grinned.

Me, Abby, Priya and Tyler are doing our best pose. He gestures a peace out. "It's gonna..." Tyler sung. Priya crisscrossed her arms. "Gonna..." she sang. I gestured the sass. "Gonna..." I sung. Abby raises her fist. "Gonnaaaa!" She sang.

Poof! The pink smoke appears and disappears. Mei became a giant red panda. She was eccentric. "It's gonna be me!" Red Panda Mei sings.

The four of us stands aside for her. We are having the red panda girl taking her stage.

She sung with her cutest eyes ever. Red Panda Mei prances her heart out.

All that I do is
Not enough for you
I don't want to lose it
But I'm not like that
When finally
You get to love
Guess what
It's gonna be ME!

Me, Abby, Priya and Tyler are swaying our bodies together. We are having a blast.

Every little thing I do
Never seems enough for you
You don't want to lose it again
But I'm not like them
Baby, when you finally
Get to love somebody
Guess what

Red Panda Mei made a surprise impression. The five of us sings the last line. We try to do the cheer gesture.

It's gonna be me!