Chapter 11 - Party at Tyler's

Me, Abby and Priya are already at Tyler's house. I have no idea he lives in such a big house. Tyler really has everything. I minded my own business when it comes to everything that's like worth a fortune.

It looks like the party was split by boys and girls groups. Two groups in fact. The three of us sat on a sofa. We got encountered by the birthday boy himself. He appears annoyed. "Have any of you dorks been seeing Mei?" Tyler wondered. I took a deep breath. Ugh, that little butthead. Just because it's his birthday, he doesn't have to mean he could be king of the day. I tried to be polite yet irritated. "She'll be here soon, Tyler. Don't worry about it." I replied. Me, Abby and Priya looked at him in our frowns. He acknowledged yet aggravated at us. "Mei have better be. Or there will be no deal in my party." Tyler stated. He walks over to the other couch. Tyler sat down with the other boys. He retrieves the CD player remote. Tyler turned on his party music on. He glanced at us. The three of us waved at him. We put our wishful smiles on our faces. Me, Abby and Priya seemed delighted yet nervous. "Happy Birthday, Tyler!" we exclaimed in unison.

There was awkward silence for a long while. I could have avow that I'm hearing crickets. He just scoffed at us. I guess Tyler's not into girls.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was 7:42 in the evening. The Cha Cha Slide music was playing. The birthday boy was getting impatient. He huffed. "Ugh, where is she?" Tyler wondered. He was staring at us. Aw man. Me, Abby and Priya became sheepish. This is so awkward right now. "Heh, heh, heh." I added, laughing nervously. I picked up a board game which I thought they are interested. "Who's up for some Boggle?" I asked everyone. Tyler booed at me. Things are getting ugly already. Priya sits up from the sofa. Me and Abby glimpsed at her. I was bemused. "Priya?" I wondered. She seems serious. Priya gave me a slight smile. "I got this, Mir." She utters. Did Priya just winked at me? Abby became cheery. She patted on my back. "Let's watch what happens. This should be good." Abby suggested. I stared at her. I even raised my eyebrow at her. She got her evil look all over her face. "Abby." I warned her. Before she clarify, Priya clears her throat. "Ahem." She said.

We all faced Priya. She still seemed serious yet thrilled. Priya glances at the birthday boy. "For the special occasion tonight, I would like to volunteer for charades." She declared. He was a total grump. "I'm not impressed, weirdo." Tyler said. Priya ignored his frustration. "See if everyone in this room guess who I am." She suggests. For her moment, Priya was moving her arms and legs around. She looked like something that wiggles so rapidly. Abby and I played her game. Both of us got bewildered. "A worm?" I guessed. "An octopus!" She exclaims. "Spaghetti?" I guessed again. "Killer robot!" Abby exclaims again. The girl with her pink hair steps forward. "Mortality." she guesses. Priya stops moving herself. She smiled at the pink-haired girl. "Hm, nice." Priya said impressively.

The kids groans. "This sucks." One boy states. Some people are trying to leave. I have to convince everyone to stay. I was worried. "Just wait! She'll be there!" I exclaimed. The birthday boy don't believe me. "Ugh, I knew she blinked." He said annoyingly.

Then, the front doorbell rang. I got my hopes up. It's gonna be Mei! It's gonna be! We all checked out the front door. Tyler was going to answer it. He was satisfied yet still a grump. "Ugh, about time." Tyler said. He opened the front door. Our special appearance friend is here alright. How me, Abby and Priya witnessed is not what we're expecting.

Mei is the red panda anyhow. She was just wearing a red panda costume from her temple. Mei was out of breath. Aw girl, what the heck? I think everybody in Tyler's house is really confused. She enters. Mei was being weird again. "Whatup, peeps?" She added, wondering. "Ha, ha, ha, ha." Mei laughed nervously. The birthday boy got annoyed again. "What are you wearing?" He asked. She did not reply his question. Mei faced the birthday boy. "Hey, Tyler. Happy Birthday." She said. O-M-G. I think the birthday boy got triggered. "I'm paying for the red panda, not this garbage! The deal's off!" He shouted. Or could this get any worse?