28| GUESS IT TRAUMA BONDED US

"I know you're panicking, but Joey, there's not anything we can do at this point

"I know you're panicking, but Joey, there's not anything we can do at this point." Topper said honestly as he joined her on the couch. "Punching people isn't gonna get him out of jail."

Joey huffed. "Can you not lecture me right now?"

"Not lecturing." he held his hands up. "Just calling you out."

She rolled her eyes. "I still wanna get Rafe back. If I can't do anything to help John B, at least I can punish the asshole that deserves to be in his place."

"Are you not hearing the words coming out of my mouth?" Topper motioned to himself. "You were just in jail, for punching someone in the face. Now you wanna go comit more violence?"

"He tried to drown me, Topper. Twice." Joey defended herself with an insane look. "And now letting John B take the fall like that? I can't just sit back and let it happen. I literally went bat shit over a stupid break up."

"Which is why I don't want you going after someone who has given you more motive." the blonde matched her tone. "Who also almost killed you. Twice."

Joey sighed. "So, you don't wanna come?"

"What?" Topper gave her an insane look. "What are you talking about right now?"

"I'm talking about putting a privileged murder in his place!" Joey said back, getting to her feet. "Now, are you coming, or what?"

Topper sighed, standing up.

"I really hope you know that our days at Duke aren't gonna come if you keep doing stuff like this." Topper whispered as him and Joey hide outside of the Country Club. "If you really wanna do something, we can turn him in."

"And have them see a girl on The Cut claiming their Kook King tried to hurt me?" Joey looked in disbelief. "Hate to break it to you, Top, but that's no how the system works."

He passed her crow bar. "Don't make me bail you out again."

Joey smirked. "Wouldn't dream of it."

She ran toward Rafes truck, keeping a low profile and kneeling before it. She busted the head lights in, slowly and as quiet as she could. Grasping Toppers car keys, she cringed at the sound it made when she ran it across the truck. Topper kept a look out for her, panic setting in as paranoia nearly radiated from his body. Joey finished up her carving, backing up and chunking the crow bar threw then back window. The alarm blared.