30| ONE BIG HAPPY FAMILY

"She said the key leads to the Cross of Santo Domingo

"She said the key leads to the Cross of Santo Domingo." Pope spoke as the group all rode together in the Twinkie.

"Wait. Can I see that?" JJ reached his hand out.

"Are we supposed to know what that is?" Sarah spoke up in questioning.

"I'm guess it's some sort of historical artifact of great importance." Pope spoke alongside her.

"You know they rarely clean historical artifacts." Joey cringed. "Kinda like the Twinkie."

"Joey, you can ride on the roof." John B shot back.

"Also kinda like John B's hair!" Joey rose her voice.

"Well, according to the interweb, it was a gift from New Spain to the Spanish king." Kie read from her phone screen, cutting their yelling short.

"New Spain? Is there an Old Spain?" JJ questioned.

"Shit, talk about over-gifting. Look at this thing." Kie leaned forward to show a cross drawing. "It's like there's a person standing next to it."

"So, it's a giant-ass cross." JJ hummed in response.

"It was widely considered at the time to be the most extravagant tribute ever from the provinces." Kie continued to read. "It was lost off the coast of Bermuda in 1829."

"Did you just say Bermuda?" JJ looked back at her.

"Oh, no. Not the triangle." John B shook his head.

"It always leads back to the triangle, dude." JJ shook his head. "Like every single time somethings weird, it's Bermuda."

"What does a key found above your mee-maw's pharmacy have to do with any of this?" Kie looked to Pope for answers. "Where do we come in?"

"I don't know. That's a good question." Pope exhaled with a shake of his head. John B pulled up to the nursing home near the east side of the island, JJ getting out to open the door.

Pope got out first, looking back as Kie started to follow. "Hey, um, actually I think I'm gonna do this one by myself."

"Are you sure?" she nodded her head.