27| LETS GO HOME

"Joey, get in

"Joey, get in. Please." John B begged as Joey sat outside of the hot tub.

"Do you know how many germs are in hot tubs?" she gave a look of disbelief. "That's a big no."

"You see, I didn't think I was gonna miss that nagging germ thing in my ear all the time." John B nodded his head, leaning next to her with a grin. "I so did."

Joey grinned. "Well, I didn't miss you."

"No?" he cracked a grin at her. "Not even a little."

"Not even a little." she shook her head, throwing her empty cream soda can at him. John B hopped out of the hot tub to sit with her, cracking another one open. "Hows it feel to be home?"

"Comforting." he admitted, handing the can to her. "Kinda worried though."

"Yeah, I get that." Joey nodded her head, looking toward the rest of the pogues as they laughed and had a good time in the hot tub. "It's gonna be okay though. Somehow, we're gonna figure it out."

John B looked over at her with a little grin. "Sorry about the hot tub."

"No, it's all good." she shook her head. "I did miss you, by the way."

"I knew you did." he nodded with a flashy grin in her direction. "I missed you too."

Joey gave him a half grin. "I almost drowned, twice."

"Twice?" he gapped. "And you survived both times? Woah, I didn't know you had it in you."

"Shut up." she rolled her eyes. "Sarah's brother actually was the cause, both times."

"Rafes a fucking psycho." he nodded his head, taking the can from her. "We're gonna get him back though. For sure. I'm sorry I wasn't here."

"It's okay. I survived, right?" Joey shrugged, leaning on her elbow as it dug into her knee. "I'm just glad you're home. Even when i'm hating you, at least I knew you were okay."

John B held the can back to her. "You glad to hate me again?"

Joey snatched the can with a smile. "Totally."