20| MY FAVORITE FRATERNAL TWINS

Joey had been staring at the water

Joey had been staring at the water. She road out on her uncles boat so many times in the last two days that John B and Sarah had been gone. She never even liked going on boats, never liked anything about it. Yet, here she was, only a few inches above the water as she stared down at it. Right here. They had died right here. He died right here.

Joey kneeled down, her hand hovering over the water. Her entire body was shaking, trying to force herself to just touch the stupid water. The seaweed, parasite filled water that her ex boyfriend died in. It was getting worse, it was getting bad again. The fear of germs, the fear of death, the fear of everything was sky rocketing. After her mom died, it had gotten bad, and all Joey wanted to do was prevent it from getting worse with more loss.

"Fuck." Joey mumbled under her breath, shoving her wrist with her free hand so she touched the water. She pulled back, falling over the seats and hitting the floor board. She whipped her hands quickly, grabbing the whips. It wasn't perfect, but it was something. Joey laid there a second longer, staring up at the barley risen sun, just staring. Sometimes, in little moments, she'd forget that John B wasn't dead.

Then it would hit her again.

Joey threw her hands over her face, trying to keep it together before she fell apart. Her heart raced, feeling constantly like she was on edge, worse then she usually felt. She couldn't breath, that part was clear. Joey sat up, placing a hand on her heart as she inhaled. Her body felt like she was set on fire, every time it randomly hit her. "It's okay. It's okay. It's okay."

She was there a few moments longer, frozen, paused in time while trying to pull it together. John B was dead. Sarah was dead. Maybe Joey was dead too, maybe she wanted to be.

Her phone went off, an alarm she set. School was gonna start. Her uncle said it would be okay if she wanted to stay home a little bit, for the first two weeks or so. He'd been around a lot more since the accident, he had to be. Despite not being extremely involved, he loved Joey so much. The second he heard about John B, he immediately remembered how she was when her mom died. He couldn't allow that to happen again, he couldn't almost loose her again.