6| CAN WE PROMISE TO CLEAN THE GOLD FIRST?

When Joey got the message early that morning, she'd taken off in a sprint

When Joey got the message early that morning, she'd taken off in a sprint. Her moped died, causing her legs to run, yet again, through OBX. The hospital wasn't far from her house, only a few blocks after her uncle moved closer when her mother was sick and bound to the hospital. When she passed, he'd grown too attached to the house to get rid of it.

Joey ordered the room number from the nurse in the front desk, not even giving a thank you before running back down the hallway. She expected to see the pogues waiting, only to find the chairs empty. Yanking the door open, Joey finally caught her breath. She looked at John B laid in the hospital bed, then at Sarah next to him.

"Joey." he looked at her in shock, her state completely unrecognizable. It was rare she'd ever be covered in sweat like she was now, always finding herself gross and immediately jumping in a shower.

Her eyes darted back and forth between Sarah and John B, chest heaving to catch her breath. "Kie called me. Hospital, I heard. I just-"

"Nothing too major." John B spoke, raising his casted hand up to wave. "Oh, look at that."

Joey cracked a grin, then stopping as she looked at the Cameron girl. "Hey, Sarah."

"Hey." she gave a half grin.

The Findlay girl cleared her throat. "So, what the hell happened?"

John B and Sarah shared a look.

"You stupid asshole!" Joey shouted as she showed up at Toppers house, shoving him harshly when he opened the door. "He could have died!"

"He fell!" Topper threw his hands up when his back hit the wall from her shove, pausing against it. "I didn't push him."

"You're such a liar." she glared at him, finger out reaching with a harsh point. "Just when I thought you were okay, you try to murder John B, yet again. Jealousy is a disease."

"Speak for yourself." Topper shot back quickly, still frozen against the wall. "You're just as bad."

"I didn't push Sarah and put her in the hospital though, did I?" Joey asked him with a scoff. "You're pathetic, you know that?"