26| HOLY SHIT

"Charleston?" Joey paced around Toppers house, on the phone with Kie

"Charleston?" Joey paced around Toppers house, on the phone with Kie. "She can free John B?"

"That's what she says." Kie nodded.

JJ laughed. "That's what she said-"

"Stop." Pope cut in. "Jo, why aren't you at school?"

"Ugh, just wasn't feeling it today." she said back, looking around the empty house. "So, are we gonna go?"

"Yeah, we are." Pope said confidently in return. "We need an inside woman though."

Joey laughed slightly. "Is that me?"

"That's you, JoJo." JJ confirmed with a hum.

"Look, all you have to do is pose as a party member." Kie spoke on the other line. "The house across the street from Limbrey is having this Kook party thing. They do it ever year, my parents usually go, so does Sarah's. I'm assuming that's how Limbrey knows Ward."

"How am I suppose to get invited to that?" Joey asked in disbelief. "I'm not a fancy lady."

"You are the fanciest lady." Pope defended her.

"You can use my card to get yourself in. They scan it at the door." Kie cut in. "You can ride there with us, it'll be perfect."

"What do I do when I get there?" Joey frowned her eyebrows, picking at the cinnamon rolls Topper left out before going to school.

"Just keep an eye on us." Pope agreed. "Ask around, do whatever you can. Neighbors know people better then we realize."

"Okay, but-" Joey stopped, staring at the fridge with a blink. "You said it's a Kook thing?"

"Yeah, it's the man that owns the Country Clubs vacation home." Kie agreed. "It's an auction party, everyone goes."

"Well, not everyone." JJ pointed out.

"Kie." Joey smiled as she stared at the paper on the fridge. "I think I have a smarter way to get there."

"I'm surprised you wanted to come." Topper spoke, fixing his bow tie as they rode on the ferry together. "It doesn't seem like your thing."