4| MAYBE YOU SHOULD LEAD

Joey sprinting through the Kooks newly lawned yard wasn't something you saw everyday

Joey sprinting through the Kooks newly lawned yard wasn't something you saw everyday. After the late night she just had, after not being able to locate the gold, the thought of setting her alarm to wake her for dance lessons in the morning didn't cross her mind. With it being on the other side of the island, and her moped dying only half way to the country club, she resulted in running.

"Hey!" Joey yelled, the dance instructor standing before nine teenagers. As she got closer, she'd realized they'd all been Kooks. Midsummers was a Kook thing, she should have expected this. She should have shoved her foot down her uncles throat, actually.

"Oh, Miss Findlay." the instructed greeted her, meeting Joey from when she'd given her uncle his own lessons, "I was staring to thing you wouldn't show. Your uncle called this morning and said you'd be here."

"Ride died." she cleared her throat, looking down at her grass covered feet. Panic set in immediately as she began trying to get it all off, gagging to herself.

Mrs Avery forced a smile, "Feel free to clean up and you can join, well, our only available option."

"Sarah will be here." Topper spoke up, knowing he was the only one to have no partner.

"Ten minutes." Mrs Avery nodded, Joey walked into the country club to clean herself free of any germs and grass on her.

"Ow, son of a bitch." Joey cursed Topper as he stepped on her foot, wincing, "That was my toe."

"Should have worn closed shoes." Topper rolled his eyes. Looking around, Joey realized they all had tennis shoes of different brands, while her feet were covered in thin, corner store sandals. Topper stepping on her foot again brought her back to reality with a tight jaw.

"Jesus christ, have you never learn to dance before?" Joey asked in disbelief.

"Why do you think i'm here?" the blonde shot back at her in disbelief. Joey grabbed his hand, the one on her waist, throwing it on her shoulder while she took his waist now, "Are you kidding me? This is-"

"It's easier to guide this way." Joey snapped at him, pulling Topper in slightly with her hand on his waist. She exhaled, looking around with an eye roll. Joey watched his feet a moment, keeping hers on either side with a small sway, "Look, something you're not terrible at for once."