When Nightmares Are Real

Tabi's P.O.V.
I led the kid to the bedroom and told them that they can sleep on my bed "Are you sleeping in here to?" they asked, I shook my head "No...I'll be downstairs on the couch if you need me" I responded. I walked out of the room and closed the door behind me, I then began making my way downstairs to the living room and sat on the couch. I sat here on the couch watching a movie on low volume not wanting to wake the kid up...if they're asleep of course, I then heard moving and screaming from upstairs. I paused the movie and quickly made my way upstairs to the bedroom, I opened the door to find the kid on the floor curled up in a ball crying and sniffling softly to themself. I made my way to them and got on the floor on my knees "Hey! What happened?" I asked, the response I got was a whimper. I got to thinking and began to think that maybe they had a nightmare? So I scooped them up into my arms and sat on the bed, I felt them trembling badly in the embrace. My plan was to calm them down and maybe get them to tell me what's wrong, it seems to be working as I felt them slowly calming down and surprisingly returns the hug while their face in my chest. After what felt like hours, they officially calmed down "Feeling better?" I asked, they nod "C-can I s-s-sleep w-with you...?" they asked stuttering, I was surprised they wanted to sleep with me...I guess it was a silly old nightmare..."Sure".
Riley's P.O.V.
With me still in his arms, he gets off the bed and began heading to the door saying that I can stay with him downstairs. I don't know if my mind is still playing tricks on me, but just before Tabi closed the door to the bedroom I saw...it! Just outside the window.