15|| back to school

You walk to your locker with Kenma this time. For some reason Kuroo said that Kenma would go with you to school today. The crazy thing is, is that Kenma actually agreed and came with you in the morning. Not that you minded his quiet presence.

You made your way to your locker with Kenma hovering at your side.

You open your locker to find a hoard of notes left for you. You open one to find a horrible message written on them.

You grab your stuff and contemplate on shutting it closed. You swiftly take Kenma's switch from his hands and toss it in —gently— into your locker before quickly closing it. He shoves his hands into his pockets and grumbles angrily.

"No more electronics during school"

"You sound like my mom"

"Well then she sounds like a wise woman"

"Please give it back"

"No" you say despite his low effort in getting it back.

"Y'know that's technically considered stealing?—" he says pointing to your locker.

"I call it safekeeping besides, you're not supposed to have it out during class anyways" you say dragging him along with you over to Stacy and the whole group. You don't know why, but Stacy and Ellie were already hanging out with the volleyball team.

"Look who's here [y/n]!" Stacy exclaims, "our protagonist's favorite person —other than me of course"

You see Kuroo hanging out with the other two third years in the back of the group. He still looks sick.

So he was serious.

About coming to school despite him being sick and everything.

That dummy.

Actually he's not that dumb—

That's besides the point.

"Who got Kenma to get off his games?" Kuroo asks.

"[y/n] just threw it inside her locker for 'safekeeping'" Kenma answers for you.

"That's actually a great idea, I should do that more often"

"No please don't" Kenma says before turning to you, "what were those notes in your locker [y/n]?"

You rub your nape nervously, "um—"

"What notes?" Kuroo asks coming over to you two, concerned for you already.

"The ones in her locker. When she opened her locker there was a lot, I don't know what they said though"

"And it can stay that way"

Kuroo turns to you now, knowing it's something serious. "What did they say [y/n]?"

"Nothing important" you mumble. You really didn't want to worry him about it.

"She means nothing good"

"What did they say?" Kuroo asks more sternly.

"What's going on here?" Stacy asks, budding into the conversation. Yaku follows close behind. "[y/n] what's wrong?"

"I got some notes left in my locker"

"Show me"

You five walk to your locker —which consists of you, Stacy, Yaku, Kenma (who's only here to get his switch back), and Kuroo— waiting to find out what the notes say.

So many people.

Um.

I want my dad rn ✌️.

You put your locker combo in and walk away, letting them observe the notes in your locker. Kuroo is the first one to look at the notes. His face immediately hardens with anger once he reads one. Stacy grabs one as well with the same results. Yakkun just stays by your side just in case if you get sad or something.

I have amazing friends don't I?

"Can i take them?" Kuroo asks.

That's weird. That's suspicious.

But really though. Why does he want them?

"Uh yeah.."

Kuroo then shoves the notes into his bag and slings it over his shoulder. He smiles sweetly at you. Kenma tries to take his switch back when Kuroo closes your locker door again. "Have a good day darling!"

What did he just call me?

.........

Back again at the lunch table with Stacy and Ellie. They wanted to get your mind off of things so they took you back to their lunch table. You missed Kuroo again even though you know that he's here.

You peer over and try to find him but you don't. He's not in his usual spot.

What is he planning to do now?

It was bad enough that he came even though he was still sick.

"How dare you leave me behind with a bunch of strangers" Ellie pouts, still upset about leaving her behind this morning to go look at the notes in your locker.

"Sorry Ellie" Stacy apologizes again.

"You are not forgiven" Ellie crosses her arms and continues to look away from Stacy.

Stacy slides off her seat and then situates herself on the floor. She holds up a cheez-it while on one knee. "I'm so sorry my love, will you marry me?"

"Oh yes" Ellie says turning back around and taking the cheez-it in her hand.

"That was lovely and all but I better be the maid of honor" you demand.

"Of course you would"

"And it will be [f/c] themed because it's my favorite color" Ellie says already picturing it in her mind.

"Me too!"

"Can [l/n] [y/n] please come to the office?" You hear over the intercom.

I'm completely serious this time. What is Kuroo planning?