13|| witch drama

As you walked to Nekoma high school for another boring day of lessons and even more schoolwork, you found a black cat on the side of the road patiently. It looked sick and you wanted to take care of it but you had to get to school.

Nah, school doesn't matter.

It's not like I'm going to use any of this in the future.

And yet you found yourself walking into school anyways despite your current thoughts. Maybe it's because you didn't want to upset your mom if you didn't go to school. Maybe I wanted to see Stacy. Maybe the only reason you went to school is so that you could see Kuroo again. Jk, we love Stacy here <3.

You walk around in the halls after meeting up with Stacy in attempt to kill off some time and yet you didn't find Kuroo.

You pass by his best friend Kenma so you stop by and sit next to him, observing him as he plays his games in peace. "Is Kuroo late or something?" You ask politely to the boy.

"He told me he got sick and couldn't come" he says plainly but deep down you knew the boy cared for Kuroo.

He didn't think to tell me?

Maybe that's why I felt so alone this morning. Because Kuroo wasn't there.

It really is troublesome to be in love isn't it?

"She probably bewitched them" you hear someone whisper. To turn to the source of the noise but your attention immediately gets pulled away by Stacy who looks like she wants to beat them up.

"Stacy, stop"

"Why do you call her a witch?" Stacy asks in a tone that says that she or them won't leave until the answer is out.

"Um?"

"Why do you perform quote on quote witch trials on someone that's clearly not a witch?"

"Well she does somehow bring bad luck to everyone around her"

"Actually about those witch trials, how do I know you're not a witch?" Stacy asks. We love Stacy <3. You totally came here for her. "I brought a cinder block to school today, how about we perform some witch trials on you guys as well? Though you may have to be careful, i might want to bash your head in"

"You're crazy!"

"Well you're harassing a completely innocent girl" Stacy shrugs and pulls them along with her, leaving you alone with Kenma.

After Stacy is out of sight you finally say something, "wow"

"Stacy has always been this crazy and outgoing"

Ah. Of course he would know that ;D. He knows everything and also you may not have been in school for the past few years.

You continue to sit next to him instead of going to your friend and trying to stop her. You look over his shoulder and see him playing again. "Don't mind me, I'm just watching your amazing skills"

"That's not— it's just when you watch over my shoulder like you do, it reminds me of Kuroo but he's not here today so it feels weird"

"I understand" you agree, "when I came to school I feel lonelier than usual because he wasn't there"

"I think that's called love"

"I know"

.........

You walk in the lunch line with Stacy in front of you.

"I seriously wanted to bash her head in"

"Did you actually have a cinder block in your backpack?" You ask remembering the events from earlier.

"Why would I lie about having a cinder block in my backpack?"

Some girl in front of Stacy —her name is Juniper— turns around and begins to talk to Stacy, excluding you from the conversation.

"I'm not leaving her, she's my friend" Stacy says back sternly, emphasizing the word friend as she said it.

"Suit yourself" she says and turns back around.

"Who was that?"

"That's Juniper" Stacy answers, "Jessica and Jenna's new minion that they're thinking about letting into their inner circle".

Inner circle? Stop trying to be smart you two.

"What did she say?"

"She tried getting me to leave you so I wouldn't be bewitched by you" she explains, "and either way, if you were a witch or not, i would still be your friend"

You get your food and leave the line, avoiding everybody. And by everybody, I mean everybody. You went past everyone to a place where you two could escape the drama that lies in the lunch room. You didn't even stop to say hi to the volleyball team. You sit down and begin eating in silence.

"I don't mean to be rude, but before you came back to school there wasn't nearly as much drama and gossip as there is now. There's so much stress that follows with those two" Stacy pipes up.

"It's fine, I completely understand"

"But that doesn't mean that I want you to leave" she says with a smile, holding your hand in hers.

#bringbackplatonichandholding

"I know" you say squeezing it back.

"Miss me?"