Am I keeping you, your majesty?

His large hands slid off his sunglasses, awarding me with those dazzling eyes. "Hello...Fiore." He dragged the tip of his finger down my nose, dragging off the end, "I have missed you. How was...lunch?" He raised his brow in an all-knowing gaze. I smirked, enjoying this feeling like I had broken a rule.

"It was interesting."

"Mmhmm," he stuck his tongue against his cheek, looking down at me, holding back what I could only imagine lectures galore. He obviously was not happy about what happened today. Perhaps it wasn't the most responsible thing for me, but I didn't act alone. Where is Oliver? Why isn't he receiving the exact look I was getting?

He wrapped his arm around my waist, no longer hesitant about touching me, and as if a cue to me, I sank against his touch like it was something I had lived with for years. He always felt so familiar to me. I suppose I was just waiting for him to make the first step. The first touch. The first hug. Perhaps...soon, the first kiss, before all of this is forced to an end.

My heart sank at the very thought of having to let go of him.

My own very living legend.

"You nearly gave Salvatore a heart attack, Fiore." He traced my hair away from my face, tucking it behind my ear. "The guards are there to -"

"Protect me...yes."

He hummed to himself, eyeing me with a disapproving look. "When you want something. When you need anything. Wherever you want to go. Whomever you wish to see. The royal guards will do anything you ask of them, except let you venture off without them."

I was getting distracted by his bottom lip, his tongue occasionally sticking out and dragging ever so slowly against it. Is he trying to explain something to me or torture me? I will throw my whole body on this man if he fucks with me again.

"Chancey...are you listening to me?"

Thankfully, he stopped the tongue attack. Instead, he crossed his arms over his chest, showing a god-like chest. I didn't know if I wanted to rest my head against those pillow-looking chest pecks or bang on them like bongos.

"Scaredy-cat."

His fingers pressed under my chin, lifting my eyes to his beautiful eyes. He had an all-knowing smile, shaking his head, "Don't get distracted, darling. I am talking about something serious. This is your safety."

"Okay." I answered, partly paying attention, partly thinking about his bongo chest.

He watched me silently, waiting for me to continue.

I rolled my eyes, reluctantly adding, "I will do my very best to keep the guards with me." I poked his chest, walking around him, admiring the scenery. This place was breathtaking. "They will come with me when I want to see a movie. They'll be there when I am going to a museum. Hell, I'll even let them in while I am taking a shower."

Giovanni didn't like that. He grabbed my wrist and spun me around, pulling me into his chest. "Not funny," he whispered against my forehead before pressing his own forehead against my own. "Please, understand, Chance."

I nodded my head, my body shivering under the touch of his lips against my nose. "I understand..."

"But do you?" He pressed his lips against my right cheek, "This is not just American tabloids. You have the whole world following you, Fiore."

"But what can they do to me? Take a picture of me picking my nose? Yell mean things at me? Call me a gold digger? Please, I've had way worse said my way." Gino now looked exasperated. Was I really missing something?

"They could hurt you, physically, Fiore." He stroked my cheek, "While I am doing everything to make it so that never happens, I cannot shake that overwhelming pit that, today or tomorrow...my guards could mess up, you could slip out of their reach...my reach. The guards could turn away from you for a split second, make a turn too sharp to avoid following paparazzi. I could make the wrong decision and bring you to a situation that...." His eyes darkened as he turned his head away, burying his face into my neck as if shielding himself from some terrible sight. It was then that I realized how inconsiderate I was being, how unaware I was about this whole situation.