I would think you were Italian.

© 2024 [CCBubs]

Giovanni led me through the Galleria, leading me towards doors that opened to a restaurant. Employees were bowing to us as they waited for Gio and I to take our seats. We took a seat outside on the terrace that overlooked the entrance to the Galleria. I turned around in my seat looking up at the massive black signage of Aperol Terraza. I looked back out at the view from the terrace to see people still lining around wishing to enter the Galleria.

"Don't you think they should-" the security that was blocking the entrance now dispersed allowing for the visitors and shoppers to come in. I snapped my attention back to Gio who was once again watching me. "You know," I sat back in my chair, "staring is very rude."

"Do you really want to have this conversation again?"

"Maybe," I shrugged.

"I think you're fascinating," he admitted, "I cannot help but find you an enigma." He tilted his head in analysis, "Do you not realize just how beautiful and alluring you are."

"Al-Alluring," I stuttered moving around in my seat becoming embarrassed by the second. "I am not alluring."

He leaned forward in his chair placing his hand against my own that was resting on the table. Yes, I definitely like his touch. "Trust me, Principessa, you are incredibly alluring and yet you do not know that. In fact, that's what makes it alluring." Oh god, I'm going to strangle him and that handsome face of his. "Tell me, Principessa, what are your plans for Milan?" How can he be so charming and then switch to curiosity and yet be still so charming.

"Well," I played with the ends of my hair looking anywhere that was not Gio's god-like face, "The Galleria was on the list, I've accomplished that." "Uhhm," I hummed, "I was thinking of hitting all the tourist spots I possibly can." I began to get caught up in my plans and pulled out my phone to look at my list of places to visit. "You know what, since you're here, what do you think of the places I have," I tapped open my notes, "The Duomo, Sforzesco Castle, The Last Supper-"

"Mio caro, you need to relax on the lists," he took my phone in his hands, swiping through the embarrassingly long notes. His eyes widened to the chaotic list, finding amusement in I'm sure the comments I added to some. I like to remind myself on things in case I forget. For example, for the Galleria, I put a note "spin three times around whatever animal on the floor/if can't find, look for other tourists". He bursted out laughing, reading more of my notes to each place to visit before I ripped it from his hand. I slapped his arm burying my phone back into my bag.

"Now you're really making fun of me, I'm firing you as my tour guide," I went to get up when he took my hand and stopped me. He pulled me to the chair leaning forward, closer to me.

"Forgive me, Principessa, I just adore how you surprise me." He really is a beautiful human being. The way his eyes crinkled slightly around his eyes, and the way his stubble shaped the way his cheekbones sat high made him seem almost unreal. His eyes searched mine with such a carefree attitude. I could never be so carefree, I wish I could. He probably never worries about anything as trivial as I do. Like failure. Mistakes. Missed opportunities. Disappointment. He probably just takes life one day at a time. He probably lets his decisions be guided by his gut. I want to live life like that.

"What's troubling you, mio caro," his brows furrowed together in concern. He leaned in closer, and I found solace in that. I needed to have him look at me in concern, to know I am protected and cared for. "Tell me, you're worrying me, piccola."

"I'm so far from home," I whispered, becoming misty eyed. "I'm afraid I'll become homesick and I'll have no one to cry to."

"What made you think of this?" He seemed taken aback by my confession. Oh god, he's going to see right through me. He's going to know I'm some weird panicky freak.