The bull's balls?

© 2024 [CCBubs]

The next morning, I was back in my hotel room eyeing the mess I had created when in search of my dresses. I had promised myself that I wouldn't unpack so that it would be easier to get my things together for my train to Milan and the new hotel room I would be staying in for three days. What was I thinking? Well, I know what I was thinking. I was thinking about a drop dead gorgeous Italian man waiting for me outside of my hotel building who I was dying to impress. Luckily for me, I apparently did impress him. I rolled my eyes pulling the covers, my head screaming in pure excitement. I jumped to my feet bouncing on my bed like an excited child. "I can't believe I spent the whole day with the King," I screamed, throwing my arms in the air, posing like a boxing champion. I looked around, locking eyes on myself in the full length mirror. "You," I pointed my finger with a sly smirk playing on my lips, "are an exceptional woman!" I fell to my knees pointing both my fingers at the mirror now, "You just caught the attention of a King!"

"SHUT UP," I heard a voice from across my door way, I assume my neighbors down the hall.

Shoot. I'm being too loud. I grabbed my phone realizing it was 5 in the morning. Never in my life have I ever been a morning person, and yet when my alarm went off so that I would wake up in time of my train, I didn't feel upset about it at all. In fact, the first thing I thought when I woke up was that beautiful King. He sure got me in a good mood. I jumped out of bed and began gathering all my things for my luggages. I started thinking about how I was going to struggle with the luggages while getting back to that train. Venice is not the place to be if you have two large suitcases. It's nearly impossible to get through the crowds of tourists. That's why I decided leaving early would probably be my best bet. When I told Gio of my plans, he laughed at me, not believing I would be able to wake up in time. He said, and I quote, "You will be too tired to know where you are going, mio caro." Psh, he doesn't know anything. I am an anxious person, about literally everything. The moment I woke up, no matter how happy I was thinking about Gio, I became extremely anxious at the thought of needing to get my things together and make the train in time.

Different scenarios of how it could possibly go wrong began to play in my head. Me missing the train. The train running late. The train being on strike. The train blowing up. Me being kidnapped before getting to the train.

So, no matter how little sleep I may get, my anxiety would never allow me to be disoriented enough to not know what the fuck I am doing. It's both a curse and a blessing.

Once I finally finished packing, I left another dress out for me to wear. One of the many dresses from self-portrait. I felt, since I would be seeing him again, I would want to wear another secret weapon of mine. I don't want to chance it by wearing jeans and a loose shirt on the train and possibly be surprised by him the moment I arrive in Milan. It would seem the dress idea has been working so far. As I headed down the very small elevator, I slid the doors open and managed to pull my two luggages out as gracefully as possible. The concierge who was now smiling, although reluctantly, I'm sure he was quite happy to have my disgraceful American butt out of his humble abode. I placed the key on the table which he snatched away with a sneer. "Listen here buddy, I didn't know who he was. It was an honest mistake-"

"You didn't know the King of Italy was with you," he snapped, his expression becoming even more sour.

Oh for fuck sakes. I didn't mean it that way.

"Only an ignorant American would not know who the King of Italy is!"

"No, I mean...it didn't dawn on me that it was him," I was trying to save myself, but I was sinking fast. Very freaking fast. I sighed looking up at him, "Given it was dark and I was having a tough night, I think you should cut me some slack."