Are you Chance?

The Forum stayed quiet, even after 20 minutes had passed, just as Oliver said. He did pick the best spot to come to. Oliver didn't say anything. He was letting me think; in fact, he was giving me my space. He stayed at a distance but never out of reach. I think he was on edge, having ditched the guards. I was, in everyone's eyes, in danger.

I was in danger. I never thought I would believe such a thing could actually be my reality, and yet, here I am.

"I can only imagine what Salvatore is thinking." I chuckled at the thought, spinning around to face Oliver, "I imagine he's losing hair every minute. That's 20 stands now."

Oliver rolled his eyes at the mention of Salvatore, "That is not the one I am worried about."

"Oh?"

"It's Gio I am worried about."

"Gino is a softie," I answered confidently. I could never understand why everyone, including his other friends, had agreed on never wanting to get on Gino's wrong side.

Oliver let out a deep sigh, shaking his head, casting a look of envy my way. "How I wish such luxuries were afforded to me, as well, my dear Chance."

I frowned at that comment. If Gino can be that harsh, I don't think I ever want to see it. "Well, I am allowed to do what I want." I shrugged my shoulders, swallowing back the lump in my throat, now rethinking my actions. Oliver must have noticed my change of mood. He cleared his throat, standing up straight.

"There is nothing to worry about, Chance. I am only teasing."

Teasing? "Really?"

Oliver nodded his head, "Gio...well...you see, I don't think he could ever be angry with you." He gave me a wink, swinging my shoes around like a child.

I hope not.

"Are you Chance?"

I turned around to the sound of a small voice. A little Italian girl was smiling up at me with big green eyes. She was standing next to, what I assume, was her older sister. She was holding a flower crown in her hands.

"We made this for you. Our King made you one, didn't he?" The older sister spoke, quite nervous and toying with the ends of her sleeves. I smiled at the memory in Venice when Gino gave me that flower crown he made while we were walking together. I nodded my head in agreement.

"It's wonderful, thank you, but I think it would look far better on you." I bent down to the little sister and placed it on her head. She giggled with excitement.

"Our King said you have two favorite flowers, but he only knows Lilies. Will you tell us your other favorite flower?"

"Tell us," the little girl yelled, her older sister hushing her as if not to catch anyone's attention. "We want to tell him so he can love us too!"

She had to be the cutest kid I had ever seen, and I hate kids.

I was about to answer when the Forum was suddenly surrounded by the royal guards, a not-so-happy Salvatore coming down the hill. Before the girls were quickly escorted away by their parents, I quickly whispered to them, "Sunflowers, when you see him next, you can tell him yourself, but make sure you keep it a secret. Okay?"

"Okay!" They both shouted, then were escorted away hurriedly.

Oliver was separated from me. I watched as Salvatore, and he had a heated discussion, Salvatore's hands waving about. "Salvatore." He stopped speaking and turned to me, giving me all his attention. "It's not his fault; I told him to."