I definitely won the argument

That night, Giovanni never got around to showing me what he wanted to do. Salvatore and his moody self had to come and interrupt. He told Giovanni something in Italian and everything became a blurr. The fierce look that now painted Giovanni's face made my stomach tighten at the thought of what Salvatore had told him. I could only think of the worse. A war? A terrorist attack? The lines of cars began to retreat as Giovanni led me to a waiting car, his mouth moving, but for the life of me, I couldn't hear a single word coming out of it. Salvatore was shouting orders as he motioned to Giovanni and I. There was too much happening around me for me to focus on one thing. Giovanni had to take my face in his hands to get me to focus on him. "I am leaving, fiore. This is your fault though," he smirked, that teasing smile returning, overshadowing the look of concern he had just seconds ago.

"How is it my fault," I panicked, looking away from him, but he gently nudged me to look at him again.

"What do you Americans call it? Jinx?"

"Because I said you don't seem to have much to do as a King? If I had known, I wouldn't have said anything! Are you going to war? Is it all my fault," I smacked my mouth, "Damn my mouth."

He let out a chesty laugh, shaking his head as he bent down to be eye level with me, "If we were going to war, I would not be leaving you behind, fiore. I will have Sofia and Lucia take you back to your hotel," he nodded his head in the direction of to women guards waiting at the car. I went to go to the car, but Giovanni took my hand once more. He hesitated for a moment, before speaking, "What my nonna said today, do not take it to heart. She comes from an old way of doing things that is far from reality. I would hate for those wheels," he tapped on my forehead, "To burn out thinking about what she said day in and day out."

"Of course," I blushed, thinking about that ring she had seen in my tea cup.

"Good night fiore," he brushed his cheek against my own, his lips hovering over my ear, "Spero fosse la mia iniziale." (I wish it was my initial)

"What did you say," I frowned, backing up to look into those swoon worthy eyes. There was that look again. That look that made my knees weak and my shivers run down my spine. "Gino, what did you say."

"You really should learn Italian, scaredy cat." He turned me around and the guard opened the car door for me. I was ushered inside and the door closed in front of me. I sat in the beautiful white leather seat, my chin resting against the door as I stared out the window. He winked at me before he was surrounded by his guards. He took long strides towards the awaiting helicopter where he was saluted by his pilot and guards.

"Lady Scaredy Cat."

"Yes," I mumbled.

"Please, put your seatbelt on."

"Yes," I answered lazily once more. Never taking my eyes off of him, I put my seatbelt on. The car drove off just as the helicopter lifted off, my eyes on him in his seat, his head turning to my direction as he waved goodbye. The words he whispered in my ear repeated in my head. How I wish he too had hoped it was his initial in the cup that nonna had seen.

=

The next day Giovanni didn't come to see me, nor that night, and now it was my fifth day of the vacation and I was on my way to Florence. The three days in Milan had gone by faster than I'd imagined. Florence was going to be a longer stay, four nights, five days. Giovanni didn't know that, of course. I didn't tell him where I was going after Milan, I never got around to it.

Not seeing him show up in front of me like he had been since the second day in Venice was weird. I didn't bother to worry, since the news told me everything I needed to know.