Chapter 6

Ace

"Yo man!" Ivan walks towards me for a man-hug. "Where have you been, huh?" he asks me, showing off a cocky grin of his and his different-colored eyes shining-his left eye is a light blue and his right one is a light green, so you may not notice immediately but I've known him forever, literally, I don't remember a moment in my life where he wasn't there.

"I've been busy, you know, the usual," I tell him.

He starts walking further inside the crowded house, probably to get something to drink. "Ace, you should loosen up a little. Today is your opportunity to-"

"It smells like booze in here," I randomly say, but it really does.

Ivan chuckles and runs a hand through his dirty-blonde hair. "That's what I was going to say! We're going to get boozed tonight." He hands me a red cup and takes one for himself.

I raise it to my nose and sniff it. I take a sip. Jesus, this motherfucker knows me so well. It's been a while since I drank alcohol and I must admit I missed the burning feeling in my throat.

"That's your favorite, I know," he says and pats my shoulder.

"This shows how much you love me," I tell him ironically.

He rolls his eyes and shakes his head.

"Where are Nate and Bryan?" I ask him as I follow him.

"Probably where I left them. Let's go find them."

He leads me in a room upstairs and when I step in it smells like everything but clear oxygen. It smells like weed, booze and sweat. What the fuck.

I spot Bryan sitting on the couch, talking with some redhead chick, a red cup in his hand.

"Hey, Bryan!" Ivan says loudly. "Look who's here."

Bryan's smile spreads all over his face when he sees me. "I can't believe my fucking eyes...Ace Archer, is that you?" He stands up and we share a bro-hug.

"I'm surprised I'm here too," I tell him.

"I thought you weren't coming. You usually ditch us-"

"So he doesn't ditch just me..." a familiar feminine voice says, the words coming out slurred.

I turn around and see Alyssa's blue eyes glaring at me, and Nate holding her by the waist.

And he has a fucking joint between his fingers. I'm going to kill him. If his addition won't kill him, I will.

In quick long strides, I near him, Ivan and Bryan by my side.

"Nate," I say his name as a warning.

He grins, looking at me with bloodshot eyes. "Ace...hey, how are ya?"

I take the joint from his hands. "Don't fucking ask me how I am." I throw it on the floor and step on it.

"What the fuck, man?!" He frowns and throws his hands in the air.

I look at Ivan. "When did he start again?" I ask him.

He stares at him blankly, confused. "I didn't know he started again...Fuck, Nate. What the hell?"